Classroom Wireless Network - Best Practice

Hello,

I have been tasked with facilitating the set-up of a wireless network within a classroom that will access files from a teacher computer (no internet is available to us whatsoever). The main objective will be to access a Learning Management System called Moodle with a total of 30 laptops. What would be the easiest and cheapest way to accomplish this? I will purchase a 'mobile computing lab' (30 laptops in a movable cabinet), but have no idea how to approach the networking issue. Thanks in advance.

Hello,

I have been tasked with facilitating the set-up of a wireless network within a classroom that will access files from a teacher computer (no internet is available to us whatsoever). The main objective will be to access a Learning Management System called Moodle with a total of 30 laptops. What would be the easiest and cheapest way to accomplish this? I will purchase a 'mobile computing lab' (30 laptops in a movable cabinet), but have no idea how to approach the networking issue. Thanks in advance.

Just buy a wifi router

In each computer, right click "My Computer" choose properties => computer name => change and give them all the same network (Room222 for example)apply and restart.

Now go to the folders you want shared on each computer, right click and choose sharing and security , choose the permissions (read only, read / write.., full...) that you want to give oher computers on the network.

Or you can just go to my network places, and under common tasks choose set up a home / small office network and follow the prompts and let windows guide you through everything.