I am trying to help someone over the phone to restore their PC to it's orig anal condition. I went to F11 and when the screen comes up it asks for the Restore CD #1. She puts it in and the PC doesn't do what it is supposed to do. She has 2 Drives. A CD Rom and A Cd/DVD and we tried both with no luck. I had her go into Bios and set it to boot from CD ROM First and that saved but when the PC reboots it gives her 2 choices. 1. Restore Windows Millennium or 2. DOS command Prompt.

Why would her PC have Millennium as a choice when it came with XP in the first place? Anyway we tried both drives again and picked Millennium and still nothing.

The disk does say Restore Disk 1 bootable on it. SHe gets an error every time we try that says Wrong System.(Millennium) I am guessing it is looking for. She bought this PC new with XP. I am at a loss.

Ok I just had her go through it again from the Start All Programs and it did the same thing.

She just happened to say something about Restore CD Version 3.0 I asked her where she saw that and it was on the screen. SO I had her look at the CD and it said Restore CD version 1.5 I think that is the problem and somehow they put the wrong disks in the box. I told her to contact Emachines and see if they will send out the Version 3.0.

Edited by lefty1953

Hi Lefty,

I know E machines was sold to gateway at one point, and I'm not sure who owns it now. I don;t know how likely it would be to get a restore disk from them. I know you can get a restore disk from restore disk.com. I have purchased a restore disk from them before and it worked great, and it just happened to be for an emachines. Hope that helped.

Take care,

Pat

Hi Lefty,

I know E machines was sold to gateway at one point, and I'm not sure who owns it now. I don;t know how likely it would be to get a restore disk from them. I know you can get a restore disk from restore disk.com. I have purchased a restore disk from them before and it worked great, and it just happened to be for an emachines. Hope that helped.

Take care,

Pat

Hello Everyone:

Emachines was sold to Acer - as was Gateway - so you may be able to get the required disk from Acer :)

Hope that Helps........

Brian