Has anyone else tried Comodo Dragon web browser? I know it is nothing more than a repackaged chrome but it has been far more stable for me. In fact not a single hitch. I cannot speak about security but I have trusted comodo firewall for years I have no reason to believe this version of chrome is not as secure as they can add to it.

Comodo Dragon

Preston

Has anyone else tried Comodo Dragon web browser? I know it is nothing more than a repackaged chrome but it has been far more stable for me. In fact not a single hitch. I cannot speak about security but I have trusted comodo firewall for years I have no reason to believe this version of chrome is not as secure as they can add to it.

Comodo Dragon

Preston

Does it have the same issues with timeouts that chrome does?

Most notably , with facebook games frequently give a "shockwave plugin not responding" in response to server timeouts and unlike IE and Firefox there is no easy way to increase server timeouts to prevent this.

Comodo Dragon

Preston

Most notably , with facebook games frequently give a "shockwave plugin not responding" in response to server timeouts and unlike IE and Firefox there is no easy way to increase server timeouts to prevent this.

• 2 weeks later...

Comodo Dragon

Preston

Pete I have not noticed any timeouts in fact I have laid aside my beloved Opera for the past month and do not feel a loss. I admit I do not have patience with Facebook games so I have not explored that. it seems to do exactly whay I like for it to do. I was hopping that I would get oppinion from those who have tried it.

What are your views on this?

• 2 weeks later...

Comodo Dragon

Preston

Pete I have not noticed any timeouts in fact I have laid aside my beloved Opera for the past month and do not feel a loss. I admit I do not have patience with Facebook games so I have not explored that. it seems to do exactly whay I like for it to do. I was hopping that I would get oppinion from those who have tried it.

What are your views on this?

I downloaded it but found that this is correct

http://www.techishare.com/tech/comodo-dragon-vs-google-chrome-updated/

I’ll be reviewing Comodo Dragon 12.2 which is based on Chromium 12.0.742.112 (which was released in June ending). It’s apparent that Comodo Dragon runs on an out dated version. At the time of writing this article, current stable version of Google Chrome is 13.0.782.112. I don’t blame Comodo for this. It’s tough to catch up with Google’s ultra frequent updates, but still they are doing good job in updating CD as often as possible. For most of the part, both CD and Chrome are almost most same, except for few features. Especially, for Privacy and security features.

How can it be more secure when it is based on an older version of the browser which may have known security exploits?

Still I will give it a try. (looks like they solved that issue, looks to be current with google chrome version)

Don't really see any major difference between it and chrome.

• 3 weeks later...

I think I am uninstalling it. I never use it. I did however run across another browser listed in PC mags best free software 2011

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2381528,00.asp

43. Maxthon

http://www.maxthon.com/

Windows | Mobile

Maxthon uses two Web-rendering engines (Trident like IE, and WebKit like Safari and Chrome) so you never have to worry about not viewing a Web page properly. Add to that fast performance, multi-touch support, integrated tools like an ad blocker and RSS reader, and syncing of your settings with the Android version, and you've got a freebie worth a look.

Maxthon 3 comes with a browser engine that draws web pages 200% faster than Google Chrome. See for yourself.

No other browser does more right out of the box. Maxthon 3 comes with free cloud services: store your bookmarks and notes securely on the web for anytime, anywhere access. Share screen grabs with the built-inSnap feature; To make a quick jump to power user watch this video or check out What´s New in Maxthon.

Gonna give it a whirl.

EDIT

Conclusion is I definitely like Maxthon