Hey friends long time no post I know I hope all is well.

I have an issue on a Laptop I am looking into for a young lady at work..

HP G62

Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit

4 GB DDR3 (2 x 2048 MB)

AMD Athlon™ II Dual-Core Processor P340

2.2 GHz, Level 2 cache 1 MB

AMD RS880M chipset

500 GB SATA Hard Disk Drive 5400 rpm

Symptoms:

Will not boot. HP logo for 3sec shuts off.

I started checking RAM and immediately the secondary slot drops the card in my hand. So I assume this is the biggest issue the slot will not hold the RAM in the slot.

I shuffled it will not the other either. both maybe bad slots because it will not boot with just the primary either card. I am going to re-seat the processor and video cables but my real question is has anyone ever replaced the memory slots or should the MOBO just be replaced? I am trying to keep her cost down but I am about to tell her to buy a new. This family has gone through 5 PCs in 1.5 years. they need to invest in a Panasonic Toughbook

TIA

For you advice

Preston

With the cost of a used motherboard in the $100+ range plus your time to replace it it may be cheaper to buy another laptop. How the heck do they manage to destroy so many PCs?

Thanks

She has six kids and a husband that knows everything about security.and he has a lot of time on his hands. The kids are too old for this 2 are in college the other middle school and up she has just spawned a flock of human computer viruses.

The MOBO is bad I finally got the slot to hold the card.

A new notebook was my first suggestion but she wanted to see.

I Miss this place

Preston