Router Problem, can't connect to Internet

good day guys! as usual, i got a problem thats been giving me headaches for days now!

a brief background on the problem. a few days ago, my modem and router stopped working after a heavy rain and some lightning. they wont power ON. after calling the tech support for my ISP, they changed the adapter and LAN cable and it made my modem power ON. thinking the router got the same problem, i bought a new adapter. it indeed worked.

but the more serious problem came when i tried accessing the net. i cant get to the internet although i can connect to my wireless router. i called up the ISP again and they were able to make my internet connection work on a stand alone with the modem. but not with the router (they said they wont be able to fix it since its not part of their service anymore). im not sure what the tech did, but i was able to connect to the internet. as i have observed though the LIGHT INDICATOR for the internet activity is not lighting up anymore although i am accessing the web.

i tried various tips and suggestions including reseting my router and using two laptops at a time to rule out problems with the PC. i still cant get it to work even with the manual set up or using the set up disk.

i got a LINKSYS WRT54G2 router.

if this may help ipconfig/all shows:

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7600]

Copyright © 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Louie>ipconfig/all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : Louie-PC

Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :

Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid

IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Atheros AR8121/AR8113/AR8114 PCI-E Ethern

et Controller(NDIS6.20)

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-26-18-A8-00-0A

DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes

Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Atheros AR9285 Wireless Network Adapter

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-25-D3-64-F3-6F

DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes

Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::d59:4140:d7c8:c975%11(Preferred)

IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.102(Preferred)

Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0

Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Friday, July 08, 2011 10:04:59 AM

Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Saturday, July 09, 2011 10:06:30 AM

Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 184559059

DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-13-2C-43-48-00-26-18-A8-00-0A

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Tunnel adapter isatap.{047BB01C-2341-4D76-B944-C471BC34AB2B}:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0

DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No

Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface

Tunnel adapter isatap.{3F81141C-A4E1-491F-B25C-7FFB79FDF9A9}:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #2

C:\Users\Louie>

hope somebody here can help me..i hate to buy a new router. thanks in advance.

btw, OS is win7.

Have you tried resetting the Router? There is a little button that is recessed on the back of it. You will need a paper clip or pen or pencil to push it in.

Press the Reset Button for about 30 seconds with minimum power utilizing any pointed objects to make contact with the button.

Once the Reset Button is launched, the indicator lights in the front panel of the router will blink for about 3 to 5 times. This suggests that the configurations have been restored to their factorydefaults.

Have you tried resetting the Router? There is a little button that is recessed on the back of it. You will need a paper clip or pen or pencil to push it in.

Press the Reset Button for about 30 seconds with minimum power utilizing any pointed objects to make contact with the button.

Once the Reset Button is launched, the indicator lights in the front panel of the router will blink for about 3 to 5 times. This suggests that the configurations have been restored to their factorydefaults.

yes i did that already. i have tried resetting it a couple of times and it still wont work.. i can ping the router from my laptop, but the router cant connect to the internet i guess...?

got two LAN cables and they are both working when i use it on a stand alone with the modem. so i guess this couldnt be the culprit.

Router sounds like it bought the farm. RIP... :)

Noooooooo!!! :)

that's what i was so aftraid to hear.. i read somewhere that it could be the router and modem were on a same network coverage, and changing the LAN IP address may do the trick. i will try it out later when i get home. let u guys know if there's success or not.. :)

and please, lets not give up on this issue... no extra bucks yet for a new router! :P lol

wow! i got it working now! the wireless router can now connect to the net. i just changed its IP address as what i said earlier. now the problem is, the laptop i used to configure the WRT54G2 cannot connect to the net but can access the wireless network. what would the problem now be?

wow! i got it working now! the wireless router can now connect to the net. i just changed its IP address as what i said earlier. now the problem is, the laptop i used to configure the WRT54G2 cannot connect to the net but can access the wireless network. what would the problem now be?

How do you know it can connect to the internet? What did you use to do this with?

How do you know it can connect to the internet? What did you use to do this with?

i set it up like how the router-modem should be set up.

i just connected the router then to my laptop.

went to the web-based setup of my router, changed its IP address...and that's it! when i restarted the router, my icon on the taskbar showed i had internet access already. i just tried browsing to make sure that i can.

everything's good now! including the laptop that wont connect. now all my laptops and phones can connect to my wireless network and browse the net! :)

thanks for your time sir! :)