Jumper the two power pins on the motherboard that the power button connects to. When you turn on the main switch for the outlet that the PC is plugged into it should turn on.

that may or may not work depending on the motherboard. If I remember correctly, I have worked on pcs with a power switch that would stay stuck on the on position(similar to jumping it). If I remember correctly it would fire up, but then immediately shut down.

Another possible solution: you may want to check in the bios if their is an option to restart after power failure. if so enable it.

There should be a bios setting "On resume from power failure:" change it from "do nothing" to "Turn on computer"

Additionally there should be a "Wake on LAN" and "Wake on Ring" setting.

The Wake on LAN setting can be used to power up the computer by turning on a router (Useful in a business where you have multiple computers connected to a server or router. Turn the router off at end of day , and the next morning just turn it on and all the computers boot up and go to login screens).

Wake on ring can do the same by connecting a phone line to the modem and just dialing the phone number (must have a modem that supports wake on ring).