Assange: Facebook a ‘spying machine’

Assange: Facebook a ‘spying machine’

And media starts wars, says WikiLeaks founder

By Richard Chirgwin – May 3, 2011

Julian Assange, Wikileaks founder, media tart and controversialist, has leveled his hyperbole gun at Facebook, calling it “the most appalling spying machine that has ever been invented.” “Here we have the world’s most comprehensive database about people,” he said in the interview – a database that includes relationships, names, addresses, locations and communications with each other – “all accessible to US intelligence”.

He also said Facebook, along with Google and Yahoo!, have “built-in interfaces” for US intelligence. He said that by storing their information on a site like Facebook, users are essentially doing free work for intelligence agencies.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/05/03/facebook_a_spying_machine/

For all we know, Facebook et al are nothing BUT intelligence operations.

Not gonna forget my first signup with FB. I hadn't even finished the account and people I know were welcoming me to FB. Even worse? I hadn't used my real name. :blink:

• 7 years later...

I wouldn't go that far ! No difference than almost any site on the internet, they use what ever you put out there for the prying eyes to gather & sell or use to their advantage ! Best way to stop it is get off the Web !! JMO.,.................

But then again this topic is 7 yrs. old !!!!!

Chuck