Sign in to follow this  
murtu52

Free Dreamweaver-like Software?

I know, this question may come up a lot, but is there a free version dreamweaver, open source version? I wanted to get into graphical design, and was wondering if such software existed.

Well, when I posted this question, all i wanted was some program that I could play around with, learn, and just get better at graphical design with. I was googling today, i found this awesome program called Blender (www.blender3d.org). It is a 3d modeling program, and its quite robust. And to add--Its free! Try it out, but be careful--Messing around with 3d images really makes your head spin!

Hi murtu52

So how is Blender working out for you?

I'm just curious....as to what you think of it... :)

Oh, well, lately i have had very little time to mess around with blender, but all in all I am greatly satisfied with it. I have even completed a few tutorials and make a person, I even incorporated a completed head I made a little while ago...if I can find the file I'll upload it :).

murtu52,

Have you seen this tutorial.

It's the online version of the Blender users manual, word for word.

The only difference is, the images online are in color, while the ones in the manual, are black and white.

Blender Manual

for vector graphics there is inkscape nice little alternative to Adobe Illustrator. Not Quite as powerful (or is it I use Illustrator 7 days a week at work and to stubborn to really try to squeeze what I can out of it?)

http://www.inkscape.org/download.php