I have a PC running XP home with SP2 with more than one account ,,aka partner and kids plus me, they are all Armin and not limited.

I used to be able to use "fast user switching" until now,, i click on "log off" it goes back to the welcome screen with everybody's account name ! you click on another account ,,with yours still active .

It starts ,,then goes to a blue screen,,then back to the screen with all the accounts on it !

If the Account is logged out !,, it logs in to whoever's account you click on .

Yes i have Avast ,,AdawareSE,,spybot ,,spywareblaster,,spyguard,,A2 squared,,RegScrubXP updated and run 1 or 2 times a week plus defragged.

Any ideas ?? Thank you :blink:

I do not use fast awitching so I am not sure this will help,but it will not hurt.

Disable fast switching and then reboot,then turn it back on and reboot again.

How many if any offline programs do you have running when you try to switch??

All so are you getting any error messages??

Try this out. On your start menu, click on the picture by your user name at the top. This will bring up the "User Accounts" screen. Click on "Home". You should see "Pick A Task" And the third option down should be "Change the way users log on or off". Pick this option. On the "Select Logon And Logoff Options" screen, make sure both "Use The Welcome Screen" and "Use Fast User Switching" are both checked.