Sign in to follow this  
arachnid40

10.04 LTS Lucid Lynx

I upgraded from 9.xx, my grub loader shows the 2.6.32.30 package generic. It wont load with that. I can load with the next one down 2.6.31.20. Should I just live with that or should I download the iso of the new ubuntu 10.10? Would that solve my problem?

Thanks in advance

Michael

Installing from the 10.10 iso would solve your problem if you don't like running the older kernel. The easiest solution would be to back-up all your data from your home directory and do a clean install of 10.10.

Installing from the 10.10 iso would solve your problem if you don't like running the older kernel. The easiest solution would be to back-up all your data from your home directory and do a clean install of 10.10.

Thanks I will consider that.

Another option could be to compile your own kernel, but, I've never attempted compiling kernels for Ubuntu.

Another option could be to compile your own kernel, but, I've never attempted compiling kernels for Ubuntu.

Will it work fine with the older kernel? So far is has been maybe I should leave it alone.

Will it work fine with the older kernel? So far is has been maybe I should leave it alone.

Sure, it will work fine. If everything is working fine I would probably leave well enough alone. Maybe do a clean install of 11.x when it comes out. If it ain't broke...:)

Sure, it will work fine. If everything is working fine I would probably leave well enough alone. Maybe do a clean install of 11.x when it comes out. If it ain't broke...:)