Outlook '03 Cannot Connect

I had a call from brother-in-law.

XP don't remember if he has pro/home. Prolly not updates as he is on dial-up.

Getting error message that Outlook cannot connect to server. Checked tools/email accounts... user name,password,in/out mail appear correct. Has not said any changes were made, unless the OL did something and is not saying.

Uses this machine as a work machine primary, home secondary.

This is about as much info that I have at present, yeah Like I remembered the error message number. :huh:

I'll walk him through the webmail so he can check it that way, 'till I can get Outlook working.

I'll be out of touch all day tommorrow untill about 4pm centeral time. So if we can't get it working this pm I'm not ignoring all.

M

ISP is a local that closes @ 5. No tech support untill about 8 am.

Nothing was changed, as far as I can get. I would not figure that A/V, firewall would not allow connection al of a sudden.

M

~~Edit~~

If anyone has a set of Recovery CDs for a 'Paq Presario 5700T Would help me out with another machine.

Yeah I know...just thought I would try to get a set teleported to me.

M

Nothing was changed, as far as I can get. I would not figure that A/V, firewall would not allow connection al of a sudden.

I'm sure you know that by default, most AV and firewalls are set to "auto update." Most of these programs do so in the background as well. Perhaps it was an update that changed a setting somewhere, or just simply has a problem with outlook, preventing proper connections.