Venting About G4ttv Boards

MAN....... :angry:

The Screen Savers board over there has degenerated into this free-for-all kind of whine-fest that is just infuriating. Even the mods have decided to look the other way and not pay attention it seems. It's just ridiculous. They pin a folder to the top that says OFFICIAL!! So what did everyone think of the new Set/ Cohost/ Show content/LA etc thread. All others will be locked - makes sense. And it's basically the "this sucks" "no, it rules" kind of stuff, yeah, but there needed to be a place for it. I go on today and there are like 4 other folders on the front page alone with separate threads...so I post to them, basically to bump them to the top so mods might see them . I say - looks like the mods missed a few, and gave a link to the pinned thread. I get this response in response:

Damn webben go whine to the mods some more you crybaby pisspants. I bet you were a rat in school too. Well, you probably still are in school by the looks of it.

I swear I wanted to go off on the little n00b....but, I did my best and only responded with this:

No, I just like to have all the stuff relevent to the new TSS show and host in the place it was designed to be - so I don't have to go all over the place reading 100 posts spread over 15 threads. That's why the thread was pinned there in the first place. Any other witty, intelligent criticisms?

It's just so sad that it has gotten that low over there...I'll say it once more...I love this place. *sigh* SOOOOO much better here. Thanks AGAIN B! :D

I know what you mean. It really saddens me to hear that it's gotten even worse when I didn't think it could get much worse. Like I said before there is a group of people that jsut go there to cause problems and unfortunantly there are some people that are just that immature and only want to vent about the loss of Tech Tv.

(a tear rolls down my cheek for a lost friend) :(

I even lost a good online friend to this cult as I like to call them. He goes there regularly (with a new user name every so often) just to cause trouble. I did every thing I could to talk him out of it. But alas he wont reply to me anymore.

I feel for ya man. My heart goes out to all of you that still go there.

Good Luck Guys

I can't even log in anymore.

I feel my machine knows that is not the place for me. I'm not missing anything. When the switch took place I tried to get the "feel" of the place. It just didn't go. I prolly have 1-2 thousand hits to B's site before the boards were up, just looking for a place to call home.

~Pinned threads~

They are useful if there are used. It appears those are taking us space.

~~Mods

There are a few mods there from CFH. I'm sorry I put a vote in to have them as a mod. I really do apoligize guys. (They know who they are.)

What is needed there is a nanny.

They have so many threads about "un" tech related subjects it is pityful.

This is MY opinion. I frequented the tech support board only.

Mike

I get this response in response:
Damn webben go whine to the mods some more you crybaby pisspants. I bet you were a rat in school too. Well, you probably still are in school by the looks of it.

Hi

Rest assured that kind of of disrespectful behaviour will not be tolerated here.

:)

I knew I wasn't alone in the frustration. It just sucks because when I started posting there (just back in July) it was a decent community. Wasn't fantastic - there were always some trolls around - but nothing like now. I post in two forums (The Screen Savers forum and the Tech Support forum) and now I barely look at them. I have this week because it's slow at work and tech sites/forums are all I'm allowed to go to really at work.

macmarauder - who are the people disrupting stuff over there? Do you not want to name names? Do you want to name names, but feel you shouldn't? Will a PM be better on the conscience? B):lol:

Anyway - yeah...drives me nuts over there...these forums are better though, so it's not life or death for me to be over there - just nice to have tech places to learn from when it's a slow day at another site. This is still my fave!

I know what all of you are saying !!! :huh:

I never want to go to a board and have to fight my way through? I just don't want to get into any of that crap they have over there.

I don't ever want to have to fight when I'm just minding my own business and just want to go to the forums to find out what's what? I tried but just never could get comfortable there? :( They have some really irate people over there that seem to take pleasure in being mean. Don't need that!

As far as finding anything, that's a joke. I've never been able to find anything without reading, reading ,looking, searching through stock piles of posts and in the end I have usually just given up on the whole thing. It just seems to be such a mess?

I really had high hopes that I could make my home there because I wanted to stay with all the TTV displaced folks that were looking for somewhere to go. But it just never clicked for me? But maybe it's just me I don't know?

I still use the TSS site and TechSupport if I need to find anything. But that is sometimes next to impossible? Perhaps something that I missed on the show but I haven't even done that lately. There hasn't been a lot to look for in the last week or two???

Finally, on whining folks.... if I want to hear anyone whine..... it's pretty easy... all I have to do is listen to my family for a while and that pretty much does it for me ? :blink: Heehee!

Thank you so much for this board!!! :D And thank all of you for being here!! :D

i never really spent much time on the tss board..either at ttv or g4..cfh was my friend and while the g4 tech support forum seemed to have promise..it's really gotten stale lately..i really admire the old guard who hang out there..patiently helping out the young and un-informed(trying to be nice.. :huh: ) i've seen some individuals who post a hjt log every other week or more..with really big messes..and make a bigger mess a week later..and rarely even a thank you..

so while i still find a bit of useful and informative tidbits "over there"on occasion..i'm grateful and hopeful this board is attracting the friendly knowledgeable folks that can make this stuff "fun"

wayne :blink:

Have not been able to spend much time there or even here since school started. But the few times the last couple of weeks visiting G4 have been disappointing for the same reasons all have mentioned so far. Just not the same there. Everyone here have a great day, gotta hit the books and do flowocharts and all for class.

Do you ever feel when you do go to the Screen savers board, its like wading through a swamp or mudd. Really difficult,too many obstacles, dodging shrapnel, to really justify visiting there. I did post some Gmail invites, since I could not get rid of them(send a few out, gets refilled later), and not even a single THANK YOU! Its a word that is seen less nowadays when you help out, simply amazing. Oh well, we do have these boards, were you feel at ease and comfortable. It is true that the members do make the boards, and we have some really good people here.

...and not even a single THANK YOU! Its a word that is seen less nowadays when you help out, simply amazing.

Hey olmec36, don't be too hard on them. Don't you realize how hard it is to type those 8 letters (9 counting the space)? LOL

...and not even a single THANK YOU! Its a word that is seen less nowadays when you help out, simply amazing.

Hey olmec36, don't be too hard on them. Don't you realize how hard it is to type those 8 letters (9 counting the space)? LOL

Ya, your right, I should'nt be to hard on them, it is a difficult response. I think all the energy was being spent on clicking the gmail link before anyone else. But, the judges would have also accepted: thanks. HA

Well, they also have other things to worry about. Just my luck again, I went to the G4 boards, and some guy is trolling and spamming with some seriously disgusting pics going on 1 1/2 hours, post after post.I do feel bad for the few that actually enjoy the boards there late at night, seems thats when stuff like that happens. Oh well, hopefully a mod will take care of that, no one really deserves to have their enjoyment ruined.

Ya, your right, I should'nt be to hard on them, it is a difficult response. I think all the energy was being spent on clicking the gmail link before anyone else. But, the judges would have also accepted: thanks. HA

Yes it is so hard to do that these days that it's become my new form of exercise.

Than (grunts) k yo (grrrr) u!

(takes a drink from bottle of water)

(takes a drink from bottle of Gatorade)

(chugs a can of Red Bull)

(squeezes open a can of spinage, inhuales the spinage)

(cues the sound effects guy for drum roll)

(grrrrr) Thank (arrrrr) You (sweat rolls down head) Very (........) Much!

(sets the bar down and passes out on the floor)

After spending so many years at TTV and modding their boards for the last few gasps of TTV's life, I was worried about losing the many friends I had found there. So I tried to migrate as many as possible to G4 thinking that we could still all be together in our new, although severely condensed, forums....what a mistake.

I apologize to all that I talked into going to that flame-fest.

Being a Mod at TTV meant that we had a choice if we wanted to retain those duties at G4, this time with actual teeth to do things. I tried to do my best over there but there are way to many restrictive rules we had to enforce, too many a-holes and far too few hours in the day to deal with all of them and get any real helping done.

I found myself spending all my online time telling folks they couldn't do this or that, editing profanity and obsene pics, or chasing idiot spammers using proxies to get around the bans, I didn't have time to actually help folks...which is why I do this in the first place!!!

Then you throw in all the profanity laced PM's from kiddies for making them follow the rules and it was just a nightmare.

It was enough to make me turn off my machine and not turn it on for over a month...there was no community there at all and there never will be. I'll be there only to PM some of our old TTV friends and implore them to make the jump here as I'm sure they'll notice the huge difference in the way things are here.

Dave

After spending so many years at TTV and modding their boards for the last few gasps of TTV's life, I was worried about losing the many friends I had found there. So I tried to migrate as many as possible to G4 thinking that we could still all be together in our new, although severely condensed, forums....what a mistake.

I apologize to all that I talked into going to that flame-fest.

Being a Mod at TTV meant that we had a choice if we wanted to retain those duties at G4, this time with actual teeth to do things. I tried to do my best over there but there are way to many restrictive rules we had to enforce, too many a-holes and far too few hours in the day to deal with all of them and get any real helping done.

I found myself spending all my online time telling folks they couldn't do this or that, editing profanity and obsene pics, or chasing idiot spammers using proxies to get around the bans, I didn't have time to actually help folks...which is why I do this in the first place!!!

Then you throw in all the profanity laced PM's from kiddies for making them follow the rules and it was just a nightmare.

It was enough to make me turn off my machine and not turn it on for over a month...there was no community there at all and there never will be. I'll be there only to PM some of our old TTV friends and implore them to make the jump here as I'm sure they'll notice the huge difference in the way things are here.

Dave

Hi Chappy,

I spend less and less time at G4 for the very reasons you mention. There are far too many jerks that lurk there. You can't even be civil without some miscreant flaming you. I check in from time to time there, but, I prefer this forum.

The G4 forum is a lost cause.

Speaking of which. Thanks again Hitest for inviting me over here.

I really like it here. People are great and nice and polite and very helpful.

And I love not being critisized for being a Mac person. Which is what happened to me every time I went on the G4 boards. They were always arguing to much about which is better instead of having mutual respect for all machinse for what they are. Like I do for PCs.

Everyone here does what thaty can do to help out.

dictionary.com

Main Entry: com·mu·ni·ty

Pronunciation: k&-'myü-n&t-E

Function: noun

Inflected Form: plural -ties

: a unified body of individuals: as a : the people with common interests living in a particular area; broadly : the area itself <the problems of a large community> b : an interacting population of various kinds of individuals (as species) in a common location c : a group of people with a common characteristic or interest living together within a larger society <a community of retired persons>

M

And I love not being critisized for being a Mac person. Which is what happened to me every time I went on the G4 boards. They were always arguing to much about which is better instead of having mutual respect for all machinse for what they are. Like I do for PCs.

That's something I was really sick of too, macmarauder - the flamefests about Mac vs. PC are soooo old. Those that truly understand computing know that there's a reason that both brands exist - because they both have their uses. Although, I do have to admit, I love watching TheLetterK take someone down who just is bashing Macs cause they don't like them...throws back every reason they say they don't like Macs back in their face. :lol: I know it's wrong, but it makes me smile. LOL I wish I were as well armed with knowlege about Macs to do the same...I know quite a bit about them, and I don't mind intelligent criticism about a machine, but I don't like ignorance....guess you can see why I have a hard time there... ;)

But yeah - the G4 boards are just no fun anymore, and this place is. Has been a bit slow around here for the last few days, but I've been busy at work, so it hasn't been too torturous. I'd hate to be busy and know I'm missin' the party!

You are very welcome, my friend!

I like reading your posts, you make me smile, you have a quick wit:-)

Hey, we need Mac persons here. Well. I sure do anyway!

I've got a new eMac at work and I just love it.

I've been a PC guy for 10 years, my next computer may not be an Intel unit. OS X rocks, I love Unix. I'm just starting to play with my eMac and I think this is the way computing should be.