I have a problem with my MSN messenger whenever I try to sign in it take a really long time to finish, I've reinstalled it with no luck. I've checked for spyware and viruses, and my ZA is configured to allow MSN to have internet privileges. I have a Cable connection and Win XP, SP2.

The only thing I can suggest X-Cannon is maybe the IRC port on your ZA Firewall could still be blocking the requests to log on to a chat server or what not. If you have it configure for MSN messanger to go through it should recognize which ports it is going to talk over...just double check and make sure your FW isn't blocking it a little deeper...

I just checked my ZA again and it is configured proper and the ports I don't think I need to open those, MSN was working fine just about a month ago. I have no idea why it's so slow now I hav'nt installed anything new, there is no spyware, I've tried reinstalling MSN but no luck :(. When I log in it takes about 20 secs than I see You Have blah # of E-Mails, than I wait another 3 mins and maybe I'm loged in :blink:.

I just checked my ZA again and it is configured proper and the ports I don't think I need to open those, MSN was working fine just about a month ago. I have no idea why it's so slow now I hav'nt installed anything new, there is no spyware, I've tried reinstalling MSN  but no luck  :(. When I log in it takes about 20 secs than I see You Have blah # of E-Mails, than I wait another 3 mins and maybe I'm loged in  :blink:.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Have you tried updating to the newest version of MSN? Or is it possible this started happening after you downloaded the latest version? I use Trillian and I have no problems with MSN connecting through that. Might be your client.

I just checked my ZA again and it is configured proper and the ports I don't think I need to open those, MSN was working fine just about a month ago. I have no idea why it's so slow now I hav'nt installed anything new, there is no spyware, I've tried reinstalling MSN  but no luck  :(. When I log in it takes about 20 secs than I see You Have blah # of E-Mails, than I wait another 3 mins and maybe I'm loged in  :blink:.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Have you tried updating to the newest version of MSN? Or is it possible this started happening after you downloaded the latest version? I use Trillian and I have no problems with MSN connecting through that. Might be your client.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

and if that doesn't work, try reinstalling ZoneAlarm, something may have happened to it.

I just tried it without ZA on and it's the same take really long to log in msnmsgr.exe uses about 19 000kbs while MSN is trying to connect. I can see how many new E-Mail I've recieved but the MSN window with the bodies keep spinning. Everything was fine untill SOMEONE reinstalled it over the existing one, but I've uninstalled MSN and then installed it again so why is it the same?

P.S. marko how do I export my contacts?