Mac Osx Terminal

Emacs tetris!

Commands (in order):

1) emacs

2) This next one is a key combo; meta (escape, press it and wait about a second) + x (x key). Once you hit these, type in 'tet' and hit enter.

Teris!

Welcome, TheLetterK, it's good to have another expert here. I'm glad you came over, man! I hope you stay for a bit

:D

I'd also be really curious to know of a website that has Mac OS X commands. I know some Linux terminal commands. I just got a new shiny eMac at work running OS X, very nice. Put a user account in today, so I'm not running as admin all the time.

I'd also be really curious to know of a website that has Mac OS X commands. I know some Linux terminal commands. I just got a new shiny eMac at work running OS X, very nice. Put a user account in today, so I'm not running as admin all the time.

Look for a FreeBSD tutorial. Above the kernel they're very similar.

I'd also be really curious to know of a website that has Mac OS X commands.

If the whatis database has been built, there's always

$ apropos '(1)'

I've read some comments indicating that OS X doesn't ship with a whatis database. If not, you can construct one with makewhatis(1), but I don't have the details. (Read the manpage and check in /usr/libexec IIRC.)

I'd also be really curious to know of a website that has Mac OS X commands.

If the whatis database has been built, there's always

$ apropos '(1)'

I've read some comments indicating that OS X doesn't ship with a whatis database. If not, you can construct one with makewhatis(1), but I don't have the details. (Read the manpage and check in /usr/libexec IIRC.)

Just checked; It does have one.

Thank you, jcl, TheLetterK, I'll go check that out :D

Now that I think about it, it might be installed with Fink. I haven't worked with an Os X box that doesn't have Fink installed so I'm not totally sure there.