The Random Randomness Thread Of Randomtivity

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

(magician theme music)

da da d a da daad aaaa. and now i shall make this square peg fit into this round whole. the chainsaw please my lovely assistant.

(blim hands the chainsaw to macmarauder)

(RRRRRRRR RRRRRRR RRRRRRRR RRRRRRsplaaaaatttttt)

oh dear, and now for a brief moment i shall reject your reality and substitute my own.

Ok whatis this place I'm wandering around in. pieces of half built machines that I have no idea what they are for. This is a strange and eerie landscape with half eaten apples everywhere. Oh wait there is a sign ahead. What does it say?

OH NO

Its MAC'S REALITY

let me out of here please, before I lose my mind and become a Macbot

*plugs in the 50amp charger to bring all the new bots up to power, hoping for a lightening strike to zap several 100,000 volts into them. Giving them a mind of their own and not under Mac's control any longer. "live free and prosper, bots!"

*makes Mac a nice grill fired pizza with extra cheese..

Hi Bozodog,

I take it the pizza on the grill turned out? Any tricks?

Oh, and Macmarauder, that's what happens when you let me hold the chainsaw :blink: I forgot to warn you to keep me away from sharp objects!!!

Liz

Grilled pizza? Naw, not yet. But gonna try it soon.

Blim, I dont let the Brit play with the chainsaw either. Because *I* always have to adjust it... He can't even figure out that when the lawnmower won't run..... It needs gas!

You bet Blim... He's real good at a lot of other things though. A few weeks ago I came home from work and he was stringing a clothes line. (ruh ro, I thought, he's gonna want me to start hanging outside) But no... he has taken over doing *and* putting away the laundry. I calls him Mr. Mop.

Tenmm, that's the way they work... Needs the testosterone to run properly.

Robroy, he's like a kid in a candy shop. I have many, many years collection of tools. I've become his "tool handler" (except with the small engines, he can't seem to get or keep them running) But all other projects are skillfully completed. He is such a go-getter, chomp-at-the-bit, self starter he makes my head spin. I need only to mention a project that needs doing and he's right there.

A while back we bought a small chest freezer at a yard sale so we could take advantage of good deals on frozen veggies, breads, and buy meat in bulk. To avoid putting it in the spider filled, dank basement, fit only for the power box, furnace, and water heater, we decided to put it on the front porch. Of course we had to run power out there. (and of course I kept putting it off) Thursday I get home from work and he has the tools lined up, asking where in my inventory is the wire, boxes, and recepticles are. *SIGH* Much blood, sweat, and beers later. (and 10 trips to the basement from hell) We are now making ice and starting to fill it up with food. But, wait a minute! "while we're at this" he says... Why don't we add that other oulet in the office to the dedicated "computer breaker" and put one on the other side of the porch so we can have a light and radio while we're in our rockers enjoying the view? *SIIIIGH!*

Bozodog, are you ever lucky!! I hate folding and putting away laundry! Clothelines are great, the clothes smell soooo good (just wait till spring when the violets are blooming!) and they don't get wrinkly if you forget about them sitting in the dryer. One of the nicest complements my kids get is how good their clothes smell. And Europeans just don't do "tumblers". Besides, with weather we've been having, everythings dry in 20 minutes, much faster than any dryer! I cheat and put the undies and sox in the dryer and putting towels in the dryer for about 20 minutes before hanging softens them up.

I laughed with your tool comment. Years ago, Hubby started giving me a power tool every Christmas (I love, love, love my cordless drill/screwdriver and power stapler) Works great, especially with his horrible taste in clothes :) I'm still scared to use the Circular Saw (jigsaw's more my speed), but I have one! Only problem after 24 years, I'm down to wanting a router (the woodworking kind, not the computer kind!), and then I'm out of ideas...

And that's great that he can do wiring!! Electricity scares me, I'm always afraid of getting bit. Thankfully, Hubby knows how to do that, too. With our old house, he's installed plenty of new circuit breakers.

Now if I could only get him to plumb. I understand the concept--simply a "metal Marbleworks Game", but I'm not strong enough to take apart the corroded pipes!

I do know Hubby's not very competent at woodwork and building things, but I pretend its a sculpture...and I have power tools :)

Liz

Blim, get you a router *and* a roto-zip. Oh, and if you really wanna do some wood projects have hubby get you a nice power mitre saw. That's my favorite sawdust making tool. And of course you should have two, three types of sanders too.

The Brit knows/does electrical stuff but he has never seen a US set-up. ^_^ So this project was mine to direct. The UK runs on 3-phase 220volt, so our grounding is a bit different.

I re-wired this ole place shortly after I bought it because it still had all the knob and spool wiring and only 2 15amp breakers for the whole house. And, plumbing is easy with those old rusyt pipes. I call it a sawzall and metal cutting blade. :P I replumbed this joint when I broke one of those old pipes just bumping it. Used plastic for the replacement.

Oooooh, Bozodog, I forgot about a Roto Zip!! I remember wanting one when I saw the commercials! That tool looks really cool. :thumbsup:

I have wanted a mitre saw for a long time, too, as I'm lousy at mitred corners, even using the "correct settings" on my saw, they don't come out right. Thanks to my scuplture skills, I can correct my goofs with sanding or wood putty, but a mitre saw would definitely make it easier. Problem with that is the expense--I have told Hubby many times to make it a "3-Christmas gift" (shoot, I honestly could care less if I got anything, gifts aren't the "gist" of the holiday), but he won't go for that.

Using plastic pipes for plumbing--I take it you can "adhere" the pipes together without re-threading the metal pipe??? I've thought of sawing, too, but I figured rethreading the pipe would be even more difficult than strongarming them apart.

More randomness. My house-ghosts are driving me nuts tonight--I keep hearing thumping upstairs in an empty house and have "checked things" up there about 10 times--nothing out of order. I think they're having a Square Dance. They better be done by bedtime.

Liz

Blim, the plastic glues together, and there are plastic fittings threaded to mate with the iron stuff. But my house was so old and the pipes so bad I just ripped it all out and used the opportunity to moderize it all with shut-offs on every fixture and in the main lines so I don't have to shut down the whole house for a problem.

Ghosts still huh? Or maybe a family of raccoons or oppusum in the walls?? Eww.. maybe bats in the belfry?

:D he he he blims got bats in her belfry :P well we already knew that.

sorry blim i had to

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:D I checked in today just to read and had to log in after reading your comment and seeing Tenmm's pictures, because I was laughing so hard. Pshaw, I lost my belfry many years ago....but you knew that too! :D

Eww, bats, though. I'm horrified of them, isn't that silly? The only true phobias I have are bats, rats and heights, and they're really bad phobias, again, silly, but I just can't cure them! We got a bat in our house once, luckily Hubby was around to catch it with one of the kid's butterfly nets, but I still get teased because I sat in a corner with a hat (I have long hair, you know what happens in the movies with bats and hair....) and a baseball bat.

The ghosts thumped for about an hour and quit! (too loud for critters) Living in a 150 yr. old house, yes, we do have them! Son made friends with "Don" as a toddler, and a long time ago, one of the kid's friends described a Civil War Soldier,-- 5 year olds don't lie well or are able to accurately describe a Civil War Soldier. And we occasionally smell "flowery scents" or cigar smoke. The dog watches "someone" pace the upstairs hall--she isn't afraid, but her perked up ears and head movements show that she definitely sees something. And "someone" has a fascination with a touch lamp. Finally had to uplug it. We sometimes get "orbs" in photos--they're show offs. <_<

They have never scared or hurt us, so I refuse to have a Ouiji Board or a Seance here!! Better off leaving them alone :thumbsup:

Liz

Nope, Bozodog, I double-checked--Google says Civil War started in 1861 and house was built in 1857--coulda happened. This area was a "small stop" in the Underground Railroad (which is funny because Montague is now such a "white" town!!)--one of the safe houses is still standing. But it wouldn't surprise me if the ghost just got lost and decided he liked the house, though!! :D

Liz

*Whispers*, Shhhhh, :blush: I helped someone today!!! :blush: I'm so not a braggart....but..... I'm just so tickled about it!! :) It was a really easy solution, but I feel like running out into the street, pumping my fists and shouting, "I'm learning tech!!" Finally, I feel like maybe I'm "earning my keep" around here. I know, you're all slapping your foreheads and saying..."Ohhhh, God help us....." It's ok, you know I don't mind. :D

here

No Peanuts?!? :angry2:

Liz