Need help with web cam and wireless camera

Well, my first question and problem would be how to get a better signal boost from a wireless camera.

I bought this wireless "spy" camera a couple of days ago because I have 4 dogs in the house who like to get into things like trash and just chew up stuff. Im sure most of you have already been through this before. The majority of the time I'm busy playing drums in another room or am working on music and I am nowhere near them.

Like I said, I bought this camera here at amazon, a couple of days ago. I hooked it up and everything. It seems when im a little far off, the picture starts to flicker and make static sounds. I know there might be interference from walls and other electronics but I figure if the camera gave off a better signal boost, the picture will be a little more stable and clearer. My question is pretty much; how can I give off a better signal boost to the receiver?

My other question is how can I set my built in webcam remotely? I usually try to have more than one way to check in on the dogs but using a webcam through some kind of messenger, just doesn't cut it due to the buffer factor. I've read you are able to see things in real time but I have not tried this yet. Any help is appreciated.

You could try moving the receiver around. Sometime just a small position change makes a big difference.

You could also try giving your dogs more attention, that's what their looking for when getting into mischief. Take them for a walk, or give them some play time before you sit down at the drums. They're bored....

If your router has removable antenna you could try using directional antenna or high gain amplified antenna as a replacement.

As for the camera, well you could try putting an aluminum foil surface behind it (curved in such a way as to focus on the camera and aimed at the router) to try to improve reception.

You could get a wireless repeater , or second router set as a bridge and place this nearer the camera.

By far the simplest solution would be to move things around move the cameras, move the router, and try different setups until you get the best signal possible.

You could try moving the receiver around. Sometime just a small position change makes a big difference.

You could also try giving your dogs more attention, that's what their looking for when getting into mischief. Take them for a walk, or give them some play time before you sit down at the drums. They're bored....

Thing is, 1 dog is mine. I take her out for a walk at least twice a week, other than that, shes on the chain outside for a bit. She seems to enjoy it seeing as she runs every time I call her to go outside. I've managed for her to stop being so destructive around the house, so shes a pretty good dog. The other ones belong to my gf and she doesn't train em worth a shit. they get into garbage bags and trash cans. I don't deal with them. I either put em in the garage or outside. My dog is pretty chill and laid back. she'll actually watch me play drums, unlike the others who just run away.

Pete- you've helped me out on the other board with my acer laptop. I didn't wanna clog up the board with so many questions and new threads. The laptop is the one with the built in webcam. I'll try the aluminum foil trick for the spy camera and see if that work

You just walk your dog twice a week? God I pity your dog. I take my youngest three for a three mile run every morning (yes , three dogs total of about 280 Lbs all at once) and then come back and take the youngest dog and the two oldest for a leisurely half mile stroll; Every day, rain or shine (well I did walk instead of run and cut the distances in half on the days that we had sleet and ice, but then I stayed home and played with them all day).

Also here in Dallas, it is illegal to put your dog on a chain unless you are physically present with visual contact with the dog (IE you can put your dog on a chain while you are working in the same yard and have the gate open) More and more municipalities take this approach because chaining a dog tends to make it unbalanced, uncontrollable, and vicious, as well as posing a life threatening danger if there is not adequate shelter or if the water gets spilled or the chain tangled. I too oppose chaining a dog up.

Even if they are your GFs dogs, they are all part of the pack. You need to treat them all as a pack and not one dog as yours and the others as free to do what they want.

Punishment will not work, it just confuses the dog and convinces them that you are a poor leader. Exercise is essential as it will help leave a calm dog. That is one key, not to leave the dog when it is excited and a ball of energy. If you do you are just asking for it to get into things. After our run, my dogs tend to go to their beds and rest most of the day, and come to get me or my OL when they need to (or want to ) go out. (they also know to go to the window and give one bark when they want in, and they can open the storm door to get back onto the back porch all by themselves).

You have to be proactive, if they get into the trash, make sure to empty the trash before you leave. Make sure that they have a rawhide chew or kong toy (hard rubber toy that you can stuff a treat like a beggin strip or snausages or similar inside that they will spend hours trying to figure how to get the treat back out the hole). Remember, you are a human being you are smarter than a dog so you just have to anticipate their actions and make them impossible and anticipate their needs. But calmness is the key. Get the dog calm and leave on some music or a TV so they do not get overwhelmed by external noises that snap them out of their calmness (Mine like to watch cartoons, but the OL says it is better for them to watch Nat Geo or Animal Planet).

The walk is where you get to express to them your position as pack leader. By leading them as a pack you will make them all more calm as they now know that they do not have to worry about things; that is your job. Walking as a pack (multiple dogs) is more effective than individual walks. You need to take possession of the outdoors and the walk by making them sit and wait calmly as you go out the door first . If needed you practice over and over make them sit and wait, you go out the door first and then say lets go and they follow. Keep the leads short and if needed use a chain collar held high near the ears so they cannot use their strength (if it gets down to the shoulders it is just like a yoke on oxen they can really pull). Likewise at the end of the walk you need to make them sit and wait at the door and you go in the house first. This shows them that you claim possession of the house and are the leader and they are there because you wish it and only because you wish it.

Practice taking possession of things like if they get up on the couch you go and sit beside them and crowd the until they leave. This is more effective than yelling get down , it shows to them that you are claiming to be dominant and that you are claiming that object as yours. Likewise, practice getting between them and something like the food dish or a toy they like , this tells them that you are claiming ot be the leader and claiming possession of the opject; it is yours to give them not theirs to take.

If a dog is not paying attention to you (it is focused on another dog ,or a squirrel etc) do not continue forward on the walk. Stop, if necessary a tap on the butt (dogs have this obsessive thing about being touched on the butt , it snaps them out of almost anything because that is how they greet each other, a nose to the butt ; so tap the butt with your foot , don't kick, just a gentle tap to get attention).. When walking your dogs should have at least one ear focused on you at all times . This indicates they are paying attention to you as leader waiting for your commands or reaction to surroundings. Always remain calm, the calmness is a sign of your right to leadership and it will rub off on them that they can be calm because they have a calm leader.