The Ranting Game

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What should happen is that she should be ignored by the media from now on, but it won't happen. They just want to make money too. The othe option was that she should have stayed as Jas's neighbor in the southern part of WV. I would be more willingto pay taxes to keep her there than buy anything with her name attached

Oh speaking of TV....which I rarley watch. But when I do...what really gets me is when I 'm channel surfing....every channel I stop on has a commercial running. So I go to the next channel...guess what....a commercial. And this goes on and on. Well sometimes I get the show I might be interested to stop on...but just a few minutes of viewing and "It's Commercial Time"...aaaahhhh!!!!

So I just shut the TV off... :wacko:

Hmmm....my first rant.... :unsure:

Ya know.... :huh: ...that kinda felt good... :lol:

Oh speaking of TV....which I rarley watch. But when I do...what really gets me is when I 'm channel surfing....every channel I stop on has a commercial running.  So I go to the next channel...guess what....a commercial. And this goes on and on. Well sometimes I get the show I might be interested to stop on...but just a few minutes of viewing and "It's Commercial Time"...aaaahhhh!!!!

So I just shut the TV off... :wacko:

Hmmm....my first rant.... :unsure:

Ya know.... :huh: ...that kinda felt good... :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Great... :thumbsup:

Come over to the cafe when you get time I get you a cup of coffee.... B)

Go RV!!!!! Welcome to tantrum central :) And good rant, too. Even PBS up here has commercials now. When I watch tv ("ER" excluded!) I usually end up on a news channel because of all the darned commercials.

When TSS became AOTS, I tried to watch it to see what "all the fuss was about". Each and every time I turned over there, guess what?? Commercial. I'd leave the room to clean something up and come back to....commercial. I finally gave up trying. From what I understand, I'm not missing a thing.

Liz

While on the topic of out of control I would like to take a moment or two to address USPS,that's right folk our US mail disservice. :angry:

[rant]I just spent part of my first full day at home going thru the mail I had held untel I got back home.

About 1/3rd of the mail was bills(normal here) of the other two thirds three quarters was junk mail telling me I have all ready been preapproved for one kind of card or another(if this is true why don't they just send the card??)

In years past I would simply throw this stuff away.

I now stuff the paper in the prepaid envelope provided and mail it back to sender.(I wish we all could do this with Junk e-mail) :lol::)

IMHO the USPS should do more to protect it's abused users.[/rant]

Now on a side note I wonder why this company called AOheLl keeps sending me these free CD cases?? ;)

You get cases? Shucks all I get is the paper holders.. Good thing to do with the prepaid envelopes..let them pay and have to dispose of it. It's not the USPS that shoves that stuff your way... It's the junk mailing

spammers...Besides, it it weren't for the junk, we'd be paying a lot more for our service. Think about it, 37 cents anywhere in the US? In a just a few days? Quite a deal I'd say. Yeah, so stuff gets lost, the logistics are amazing so there is bound to be mistakes.

Tenmm, I do that too (well, Son does it for me!) although I take the page with our name and address and rip that up (due to the identity thieves). I figure it keeps jobs in the post office, someone needs to sort that stuff. :thumbsup: I write "return to sender" on the AOL crap and send it back. I've read somewhere they recycle the "send backs"..... and I can say to them "you've got mail!!" :)

And you are right, Bozodog about the speed of the mail nowadays. I remember things taking a good week to be delivered, now some letters get to their destination the next day. That amazes me!

What aggravates me is when I get a Walmart ad in the mail and all this....."stuff" falls out of it--and get the cable bill with......more "stuff". You know, pizza hut ads, checks ads, life insurance ads, mail order panty hose ads....The post office doesn't even benefit from those companies as they're "piggybacking" on the sender's postage.

The sender is benefiting from these companies paying to piggyback their junk mail---and especially with the Cable company--they shouldn't be in the ad business. I can't see how that's even legal!!!

Phew, this wasn't meant to be a "piggyback rant".....oops!

Liz

You get cases? Shucks all I get is the paper holders.. Good thing to do with the prepaid envelopes..let them pay and have to dispose of it. It's not the USPS that shoves that stuff your way... It's the junk mailing

spammers...Besides, it it weren't for the junk, we'd be paying a lot more for our service. Think about it, 37 cents anywhere in the US? In a just a few days? Quite a deal I'd say. Yeah, so stuff gets lost, the logistics are amazing so there is bound to be mistakes.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have been getting some clear plastic cases for about 3-4 months now

I know it is not USPS that does the junk mailing but they dang sure drop it off in by box,in my book that makes them an accessory after,before and during the junk mailing :blink::wacko:

Tenmm, I do that too (well, Son does it for me!)  although I take the page with our name and address and rip that up (due to the identity thieves). I figure it keeps jobs in the post office, someone needs to sort that stuff.  :thumbsup:  I write "return to sender" on the AOL crap and send it back.  I've read somewhere they recycle the "send backs"..... and I can say to them "you've got mail!!" :)

And you are right, Bozodog about the speed of the mail nowadays.  I remember things taking a good week to be delivered, now some letters get to their destination the next day.  That amazes me!

What aggravates me is when I get a Walmart ad in the mail and all this....."stuff" falls out of it--and get the cable bill with......more "stuff".  You know, pizza hut ads, checks ads, life insurance ads, mail order panty hose ads....The post office doesn't even benefit from those companies as they're "piggybacking" on the sender's postage. 

The sender is benefiting from these companies paying to piggyback their junk mail---and especially with the Cable company--they shouldn't be in the ad business.  I can't see how that's even legal!!!

Phew, this wasn't meant to be a "piggyback rant".....oops!

Liz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I use a paper punch to remove name and address from the papers then stuff as much as I can in the envelope(over weight??)

I have mailed junk from one company to another just to fill up the envelope. :thumbsup:

I mail out from the post office because I use a PO box for a mailing address. B)

As for the piggyback enjoy the ride it's on me :o;):lol::lol:

While on the topic of out of control I would like to take a moment or two to address USPS,that's right folk our US mail disservice. :angry:

[rant]I just spent part of my first full day at home going thru the mail I had held untel I got back home.

About 1/3rd of the mail was bills(normal here) of the other two thirds three quarters was junk mail telling me I have all ready been preapproved for one kind of card or another(if this is true why don't they just send the card??)

In years past I would simply throw this stuff away.

I now stuff the paper in the prepaid envelope provided and mail it back to sender.(I wish we all could do this with Junk e-mail) :lol:  :)

IMHO the USPS should do more to protect it's abused users.[/rant]

Now on a side note I wonder why this company called AOheLl keeps sending me these free CD cases?? ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

tenmm

See if this will help you?

Avoid Junk Mail!!!

Thanks handplane I did that part along time ago,despite that I still get stuff all thou not near as much as I once got,so I guess to a point it did help.

I do enjoy stuffing the junk in a envelope(theirs or not :lol::lol: ) and posting it back....

I do not go out of my way or make a special trip as I am there anyways... ^_^

Thanks handplane I did that part along time ago,despite that I still get stuff all thou not near as much as I once got,so I guess to a point it did help.

I do enjoy stuffing the junk in a envelope(theirs or not :lol:  :lol: ) and posting it back....

I do not go out of my way or make a special trip as I am there anyways...  ^_^

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If the envelope is big enough, put a brick in it.

Overstuffing the envelopes!!!  Good idea, Tenmm.  Naughty, too.  I'm always game for naughty!!  :thumbsup:

Liz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Naughty??

No,no not I,simply making sure that those who send postage payed envelopes get their moneys worth ;):blush:

I do enjoy stuffing the junk in a envelope(theirs or not :lol:  :lol: ) and posting it back....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

z7shysterical.gifz7shysterical.gif

(**wipes tears from LOL so hard**)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

z7shysterical.gifz7shysterical.gif

(**wipes tears from LOL so hard**)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

dito :thumbsup: i never thought of sending the stuff back. i love it! now i gota do that too.

Here's another Junk payback.

The three little words are: "Hold on, Please..."

Saying this, while putting down your phone and walking off (instead of hanging-up immediately) would make each telemarketing call so much more time-consuming that boiler room sales would grind to a halt. Then when you eventually hear the phone company's "beep-beep-beep" tone, you know it's time to go back and hang up your handset, which has efficiently completed its task. These three little words will help eliminate telephone soliciting.

And here's another one.. I pay my bills at the shops. Power, cable, credit card.... to save the stamp and sometimes even an envelope. Ever notice the "bills" don't come in pre-paid mailers?

the Cable company--they shouldn't be in the ad business

:blink::o What do you mean? Didn't we just have a rant about the pop ups and banners across the screen?

i actually dreamt in computer code once before. it was when i was writing the lifalbum and it was getting right up to the deadline and i was under alot of stress from it. nothing but lines of script floating by at first. but then the script went hostile and tried to shoot my down. i got into dog fights with small chunks of script. at the last minute my brain of a computer crashed. i never ever ever had been so scared in my life as when i got the blue screen of death in my own head.