The Ranting Game

"round-a-bouts" No wonder the Brits lost the war.... They musta all been dizzy. Our WMU campus has been putting them in.... Talk about confusing, the signage they use is incomprehensable. No gardens in the middle either, makes me wanna just drive right through.

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

which war????? last one we lost was to your big corn, not our little stuff

roundabouts, we have several in this area and most people seem to ignore the correct way except for one on a major highway

Hey, here's a reply i got from Applebees:

My name is David Baxter and I am the General Manager here at Applebee's in Ozark. I am very sorry for the music choice. I don't know what time you came in but we should have had 80's on. And never, never RAP. Again I am very sorry, and I would like to make it up to you. Please call me. My work number is ###-0098, my cell number is ###-2360.

Bubbabob, that's fantastic!! I went back through the posts because I didn't remember if you complained about the rap, obviously you did--good for you! My kids eat at Applebees and I asked them about the music, and yes, up here in MI they play "oldies" and it is marketed as a family restaurant. They guessed some naughty busboy turned the station!

I see a nice gift certificate coming your way :thumbsup:

Robroy, a roundabout on a US highway??? Good Lord, I can imagine the accidents that causes, unless folks are too scared to cause accidents!!

Liz

Bahh they tried to put in what they called"calming circles" here did not work out very well.

What they did was use the concret parking stops stacked two high in the middle of a few intersections,problem was they did not tell the fire dept, or the ambulance services.

First time a fire truck needed to make the corner they about lost it.

Ambulance service said no way after that little deal,the "calming circles" were removed ASAP.

:o:thumbsup:

My name is David Baxter and I am the General Manager here at Applebee's in Ozark. I am very sorry for the music choice. I don't know what time you came in but we should have had 80's on. And never, never RAP. Again I am very sorry, and I would like to make it up to you. Please call me. My work number is ###-0098, my cell number is ###-2360.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bubba Bob....you're not from ozark missouri are you? LOL

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bubba Bob....you're not from ozark missouri are you? LOL

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yup, and this is me:

redneck.gif

------------------------------------------------------------------

No, no no, Ozark Alabama.

Ok, I *HATE* mosquitoes!! There! They love me. I can be with 4-5 people on a deck having BBQ and drinks. Guess who gets all the bites? Me! Folks look at me like I'm crazy till I show them the welts.

Now, I just Googled repellants and found one I haven't tried yet. Catnip! Seems it's 10 times stronger then DEET. (guess who has some steeping in alcohol right now?)

Ok, I *HATE* mosquitoes!! There! They love me. I can be with 4-5 people on a deck having BBQ and drinks. Guess who gets all the bites? Me! Folks look at me like I'm crazy till I show them the welts.

Now, I just Googled repellants and found one I haven't tried yet.  Catnip! Seems it's 10 times stronger then  DEET.  (guess who has some steeping in alcohol right now?)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I feel your pain man, however i NEVER thought of catnip. What are you doing, going to soak it in alcohol then rub the alcohol onto your body?

Wow, Bozodog,

The buggies don't like me, I'm lucky--but I have a sister that they love, so I know what its like! Catnip---very cool, I've read that it keeps some bugs away from other plants, so that makes sense.

Let us know how it works, I'm all for avoiding those chemicals, and I have some growing in the alley!

LOL, Bubbabob, your "portrait" almost makes me glad I live up north! :D

Liz

Bubba, from what I read you can extract it many ways.. the easiest seems to be to pour boiling water over crushed leaves, let cool, add alcohol, and steep for a few days. Strain and put in a spray bottle. Also read just rub the leaves on exposed skin. You can also buy essential oil, but it is very expensive. I'm not so sure if it's gonna work, tried pennyroyal years ago and that didn't do anything.

Here's hoping the Brit is sweeter then me... Hmmm, exotic, imported, fodder for the Michigan skeeters.

There was just enough breeze at the lake to keep the blood suckers away. But the long walk we took in the woods proved to be a itching experence for the Brit. :D And he's so much taller than me, the flys buzzed him crazy and left me alone for a change.

*sending lightening and thunder boomers Macs way, so he can charge up the little bots...* And himself... BTW... I noted one one of my google searches that nitris oxide is also in catnip essential oil. ;)

*sending lightening and thunder boomers Macs way, so he can charge up the little bots...* And himself... BTW... I noted one one of my google searches that nitris oxide is also in catnip essential oil.  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

??

No wonder my cat acts like Ricky racer................................... :rolleyes:

Hi All,

First of all, congrats, Tenmm for finally changing that "custom" under your name :) It's Uber!!

Ok, my lil rant

Our community had its Independence Day Parade yesterday and it was thundering, lightning and raining--the parade went as scheduled. I was really surprised it wasn't cancelled, since it was lightning outside.

What really amazed me was the families with little kids walking past my house to attend the parade. Patriotism is important, of course, (although I'm not very good at it--I disagree with too many decisions my country has made, but I try to understand.... :( ) but little kids don't understand Patriotism--they just go to the parades for the "candy tosses". Why would parents take a chance taking their kids out in a lightning storm? I think children are too precious to take a chance like that. Neither of my kids wanted to go to the parade after seeing the weather and I wouldn't of let them go anyways--am I a bad Mommy?? Sports events are called off due to lightning--shouldn't parades be, or am I completely ignorant?

Ok, that's it and I hope I stay out of trouble here :)

Liz

Oh my gosh, Tenmm, really???? It said "custom" for the longest time, and now it says "ubertechie"--I wonder if it changed when the format of the boards changed and "ubertechie" replaced "custom"? Wonder if you can change it back?.......or are you pulling my leg???? Everyone here knows I'm gullible!! :wacko:

Liz

Tenmm, I just read your post in Suggestions, hope you get it fixed  :thumbsup:  I discovered Jeff is very, very cooperative with his posters!

Liz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Blim

You are quite correct :thumbsup:

I was :blush: quite wrong :blush:

Now if you will excuse me I have a corner to go sit in.

Ok, Tenmm,

The TV Nanny says "time out" is one minute per year of age---21 minutes, right? You can come out of the corner now, We'd miss you if you were "timed out" any longer :) Glad it got fixed! That change would have thrown anyone for a loop.

Liz

hey tenm why don't you want a custom title anyway, or since everyone else including members that haven't gotten enough posts have custom titles have them. maybe not having a custom title when you could have one is your way of having a unique custom title. which would make yours the most unique one of all. :wacko: it's so confusing.