No disrespect intended, and please take this lightly:

NASCAR=

Non

Athletic

Sport

Centered

Around

Rednecks

Grrrr.... Ok, Non Athletic? I wouldn't want to sit in a noisy car doing close to 200 mph for three or four hours... Football games take four hours to play four 15 minute quarters. I really wonder what would happen if they played a *real* game, with only a 1/2 time break. BTW, in the turns these guys are taking as much as 4 G's and in a crash upwards of 10.

Rednecks? Well dang, that's about 25% of this great United States.

Heh heh, alright. Taken lightly, but do you see my point?

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

again no disrespect intended. if you think it's not athletic then try it. while i haven't been beyond 200 MPH on a circle track i've been pretty close. it takes a huge amount of physicle streanth to try and control that thing. It takes a lot of mental skill as well. strategy, great timing for maneuvers, there is a slue of gages that have to be monitored constantly. it's not just all flooring it. in fact if you floored it in this car you would almost insures your failure. if you think gas mileage is had to do on your station wagon then try it with an indy car. i have to laugh at these kiddies that think that they can buy a beat up honda and suddenly they're a racer.

don't get me wrong NASCAR is still corrupted in my eyes. it's become all commercialized and it's all about the money for most. a regular joe has almost no chance unless he either has a ton of money or he plays their game.

i'm a race fan not a NASCAR fan, NASCAR fans do scare me too.

Joe, that's hilarious!!! :D

Bozodog, you gave me a new reason to rant

rant

As a parent of a marching band member, I sat through many a high school football game through halftime.

What's with all this start-stop stuff? One measly little second left in a quarter and the coach calls a time out??? For Heavens sakes, why? They stop the clock at every single opportunity they get. Why, oh why, oh why??

The 2 minute warning means 1/2 hour left.

We want it done with, we are cold sitting on the metal bleachers. Snowpants and boots don't even work to keep me warm and I spend the rest of the night huddled in a blanket thawing out.

Oh well, at least the other parents get a laugh out of sitting by me and hearing me holler, "what, they stopped the clock again???"

endrant

Liz

i was going to come in here and rant about NASCAR fans and how i prefer races where you do more than just drive in a big circle but i found something far far far more devious and evil and and and far more non digestible. CORN

i can see you covering your face and shaking her head side to side now. yes i can see through your monitor.

CORN the most diabolically evil of all of all the vegetables. just what is it good for and don't tell me nutritional value when it practically waves good bye to me when i go to the rest room. you know what i mean. i swear that it's laughing at us when we eat it. "he he he he he stupid human, i shall have my revenge in your intestines." so instead of having whole corn i made cream corn.

i was going to come in here and rant about NASCAR fans and how i prefer races where you do more than just drive in a big circle but i found something far far far more devious and evil and and and far more non digestible. CORN

i can see you covering your face and shaking her head side to side now. yes i can see through your monitor.

CORN the most diabolically evil of all of all the vegetables. just what is it good for and don't tell me nutritional value when it practically waves good bye to me when i go to the rest room. you know what i mean. i swear that it's laughing at us when we eat it. "he he he he he stupid human, i shall have my revenge in your intestines." so instead of having whole corn i made cream corn.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You could always distill the corn and sell the "shine" to the nascar fans.

Good point about the physical requirements needed to drive a circle at 200 mph.

Being that my Ford Ranger tops out at about 46, I never considered that. :D

[RANT] So about this drivers license thing. What did they mean "in English" Duh0 this is America.. If you can't read English well enough to take the written test how the hell are you gonna read the road signs? BlaH!!! Damn G'ment pours out piles of unnessasary millions to print stuff in "other" launguages, ballots, licenses, all sorts of federal, state, signage. I say *stuff it!* If you can't read and speak English you have no right to vote or drive. (or get on welfare, medicade, food stamps, etc.) BTW, driving is not a right it is a privilege. [/RANT]

Talking of football and athletes, they all need to try Rugby Football, The same players stay on the field for the whole game, they play it without all the padding and the game lasts 90 minutes with a ten minute halftime. I enjoy football but do think that many of the players are overrated and overpaid. Personally I also feel that any of them that get into trouble by breaking the law should be sat out without pay, then if convicted they should not be allowed to play any more. They are not good role models for our kids. This goes for all sports not just football. Shane Hmiel abused the nascar drug policy and has been put out of his ride. This is right and should be permanent.

OK my rant for the day

bozodog i totally agree with you. in fact i've fought for it. unfortunately there are so many immigrates here that it has become a huge deal.

robroy i also agree with you too. unfortunately major sports have become corporations instead of a game. they just give them a slap on the wrist so that they can continue to make people money. also yes american football has gone soft in my opinion too. it didn't always used to be like this. that's why i've stopped watching NFL type football except for major major games. instead i watch arena football. longer games, shorter breaks, and far far less premadonas. in fact most of them have regular day jobs and play because they love the game. that is the way it should be done. although that's getting infected too, just like everything else.

[RANT] So about this drivers license thing. What did they mean "in English" Duh0 this is America.. If you can't read English well enough to take the written test how the hell are you gonna read the road signs? BlaH!!! Damn G'ment pours out piles of unnessasary millions to print stuff in "other" launguages, ballots, licenses, all sorts of federal, state, signage. I say *stuff it!* If you can't read and speak English you have no right to vote or drive. (or get on welfare, medicade, food stamps, etc.) BTW, driving is not a right it is a privilege. [/RANT]

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry. I don't agree.

MOST of the countries that matter in this respect are multi-lingual.

Their citizens learn two or three languages in grade school.

I was reminded of this fact routinely when would visit my favorite city in North America, Montreal. People would laugh at English only speaking Americans. That was because it is a multi cultural international city.

The problem with this "English only" B.S. is that it does not espouse international thinking. And that is not conducive to higher learning.

As it is a huge part of the American population is marginally equipped in Engish!

We do NOT rank high in literacy.

My thinking is that the more languages, the better.

And that's MY rant.

irregularjoe. I'm not ranting at a multi lingual education. (or am I?) But you what you are saying is the same thing. Only we don't laugh at non-English speaking citizens, we bow to them. And spend tons of money making it easier for them *not* to learn our native language. Sure there should be more bi-lingual teaching in our schools. But what language? It's all in reverse, the hispanics are being taught in their language, without a strong push for learning English.

And the immigrants? Well it's kinda funny they barely speak our launguage but they sure can count the money... I have respect for countries that teach English in their schools. The Japanese have 8 years of english mandatory. Face it.. English is the universal launguage now, and the rest of the world is working on catching up. (imagine computer code written in japanese or farsi)

Ok, peace!

"Bark!"

A mother mouse and a baby mouse are walking

along, when all of a sudden, a cat attacks them.

The mother mouse yells, "BARK!" and the cat

runs away.

"See?" says the mother mouse to her baby.

"Now do you see why it's important to learn

a foreign language?"

Ok, peace!

"Bark!"

A mother mouse and a baby mouse are walking

along, when all of a sudden, a cat attacks them.

The mother mouse yells, "BARK!" and the cat

runs away.

"See?" says the mother mouse to her baby.

"Now do you see why it's important to learn

a foreign language?"

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Very well said, bozodog! :thumbsup:

Thanx IJ... I got a good laugh out of that because I found it shortly after I posted my rant.

[RANT] So what about the price of beverages in the US? Why is it some beers are cheaper then name brand soda pops? Are they really just charging for the bottles and cans, while the contents is pennies? Or is it "whatever the traffic will bear" We have Coke and Pepsi wars here. One week Coke is on sale, the next, Pepsi. Now, where do they get off charging upwards of $1.99 for 2 liters at some stores and on sale at others for as low as .69 cents?[/RANT]

Bozodog, me too, me too, me too!!!

*and I know the answer to your rant :) manufacturers will cut a deal to a particular chain to advertise their product as a "loss leader" (which means the store loses a little money with each item they sell, but it brings the people in who are expected to buy regularly priced items as well--in my retail days, the frequent loss leader was miracle whip :blink: ) Then these clever manufacturers will cut the same deal to a competiting store the following week. But you know somebodys making a ton of money off this tactic!! Betcha it aint the stores.....

another related rant

My kids quit drinking sodapop (yea!) so I've been keeping the fridge stocked up with juice. 100% juice costs $2-4 a 64oz bottle, yet sodapop can be bought for as little as 69 cents. In today's rough economy, wonder what most folks are buying? And then there's the price of milk. Up to $4 gallon for whole milk, unless one shops very carefully! And the US is having problems with overweight kids---hmmm, wonder why???

rant within a rant

And with juice, you have to be so careful to read those labels. Many popular juice drinks, like Tropicana Twister have "high fructose corn syrup" as the second ingredient next to water. They advertise it as being "good for you". Might as well take a vitamin C tablet and drink koolaid if you're going to drink that crap!

endrant

Liz

water, flavored water and iced tea are the popular drinks in this house for the summer months, a little sode for the son once in a while, ooh and gatorade. None of it is cheap any more

some of you guys might want to cover your ears and sing "play the funky music white boy" for this one.

yesterday i was fixing a little Oops with the bronco when i saw this little girl walking up to people at the park across the street from me. then finally after asking about 5 people she crossed street and came up to me. she asked me if i knew where fountain and chelton street was. that's about 5 miles away. she had gotten a ride to a friends house from the friends mother. the mother had gone to work and wouldn't be back for 6 more hours. so since she was done playing with her friend she decided to just walk home. her friend told her to just keep walking straight for a a mile or so. this 12 year old little girl had no concept of what kind of nasty bad guys are out there and was happily talking to everyone on the way asking directions. she had a cell phone but couldn't get her mother on it. she didn't even know where she was or really how to get home. so i had just finished with the bronco and i gave her a ride home. and to make things worse when i got home my mother just showed up to pick up some tools that my dad needed. she chewed me out for giving the girl a ride. when was worried about the little girl getting into trouble and telling her mother that i made her get into the car or something. hey it's happened before to other people on tv.

i'm a very trusting person and have a habit of trying to help everyone. it's gotten me into trouble before so she worries about me. i was one of those sucker that was told that they needed to bring someone back for a radio contest deal and got robbed. ha ha ha. i only had $20 and no credit cards on me. all i lost was that little money and my drivers license.

anyways i can't believe that some parents don't teach their children better. she didn't even hesitate when i offered her a ride after i put the floor jack away. for all she knew i could've been one of these sleaze balls out there. seriously think it pains me to think of the odds of what could've happened to her if i didn't just happen to be there.

sorry for the unhappy rant and lack of jokes this time but OMFG it's just so unsafe out there some times and it doesn't matter which country, big town, small town, there's far too many sleezze balls out there for it to be safe.

Hey Macman do what I have done,call a cab and prepay(kids only) I have sent two kids home this way.

One it keeps you out of trouble and gets them home.

Two you still have done the right thing.

And most important,mom will have no reason to rip you a new one :lol:

Macmarauder, I would have done the same thing (and have many times before) without even thinking of the consequences. You obviously were thinking of the little girl's safety. Bless your heart!!

I would wonder about her parenting, too, except to wonder why she would take off on foot in the first place. Couldn't she get a hold of one of the moms?? What good is a cellphone if she couldn't reach anyone for a ride home? My kids carry their grandparent's, an aunt's and a good friend's phone numbers in their wallets for that very purpose.

Tenmm that's a really good idea, except we have no taxi service, heh, we only have one stoplight, but again, an excellent idea and worth every penny.

Sigh, now I have "play that funky music" stuck in my head......

Liz

Good job Macman. I would have done the same. And yep you sure can get in trouble that way... Too many (little) girls out there would cry wolf just for the attention. Makes you wonder about the "material world" (uh oh, nuther song to stick in my head all day) Give your kid a cell phone but don't teach her any street smarts. And why the hell would a mom let her go visit a friend when that mom would be going to work and leave her without a ride or at an unsupervised house. Don't we know how much mischief a 12 year old can get into.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i have discovered how corn plans to take over the world and OMG they've been plotting this for a long time. they have a different plan for each major country. i have learned their plan for taking over america. i got stuck on one of those old english style loop things. some how corn is controlling city street design and the city keeps adding these stupid loops things in some areas. you see Corn already tried this in Europe a long time ago. well the most of the english were mentally able to deal with these syonic powers of these street loops and developed a immunity to them a long time ago. but us americans just get trapped by their powers and become incapacitated. so their plan is to develop the streets until there is so much traffic in america that when they actually attack all of our forces and population will be trapped on the streets behind a single old lady who has had her blinkers on since 1982.

OOOOO the humanity of being trapped in a traffic jam! BTW i should probably mention that i might be a little bias as since i'm typing on my laptop right now and still stuck in traffic in Denver!!!!!!!!! wait wait wait we're moving!! ahhh 2 more inches of freedom. :)

well that ends my continued rant on The Corn Domination, for now. sorry for ranting out of turn. :(

the trouble in America is Maize, thats the big corn on the cob corn. Its big, in Europe corn is much smaller, except what is imported already canned. So the psionic forces were much easier to overcome...... aaaahhh my head they must be trying to stop meeeee fffrroomm writingggg thiiiisss

You guys are getting corny :) Yeah, of course, I couldn't resist....

I love corn on the cob, especially the yellow and white kernel stuff (kernels--not just a computer term!) But you're right, Macmarauder, no nutrition unless you're a farm animal (maybe that's why cows have 5 or 6 stomachs?). And I looked today, it is "knee high by the fourth of July!!"

Ooooh, those "english style loop things" (Roundabouts?) scare the heck out of me. We used to close our eyes when driving on those things in Denmark (we were passengers, don't worry!). But they sure put pretty gardens in the middle of them :)

Liz