The Ranting Game

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

alllllright, i'll talk, it's not really a story though. i was out with friends the other night and they orcestraighted, this or at least i think so. we ended up playing poker and we didn't have much money so we turned it into poker / dare game. they know how shy i am in person and they think that i need a good woman. so when i lost i had to join Yahoo Personals and create a profile there and make it searchable and then since i talk about you guys some times i had to post it here. for most people this is no big deal, for me it's mortifying.

My Personal Page

AAHHHHHH!!! it's scary!!

i would've rather just told the convertible iPod story. goddddd i've got to bet them back. that's what i get for having friends who actually go out to parties and clubs to pick up women. i think i'll stick to floating around the net. i feel safer amounts the viruses and trojans then out in the real world.

you know what just to be safe i'll tell the convertible iPod story. back when i was in california i was driving my little convertible car and i use a head to head sound cord to connect my iPod to my car stereo. i also use my iPod to store sound files from home to work and sometimes to show friends a funny song. well i pulled up to a stop light and the car next to me was a cool convertible loaded with very hot chicks in bikinis headed to the beach or something. they were rocking out to some classic rock song, i forget which one. my iPod just happened to be on the same song and they were even close to syncing. so i turned it all the way up and started rocking too. they dug it and were even flirting, which i never get. then right after the song ended that stupid recording i had made of that she bangs kid from american idol came on. full blast mind you. they laughed and drove away and i threw the iPod in the back seat. :(:angry2:

alright that's it. no more embarrassing stuff for me today. i'm going to go hide in Bill Gates email again. he hates it when i do that. ^_^

Edited by macmarauder

LOL ..Awwww...That was to funny mac...D@mn having your MAC on and getting HUNG by William..he he he...Hmmm i should not be laughin ...i've not even contributed a rant or an embarrassing moment.

Oh Mista Matt..There ya go...

Hey B was gonna offer a "moment"...Maybe a new thread in the makin?

rant? I'm going to pi$$ a lot of you guys off. "SPORTS" back when my kids were in school. the discontinued their automotive mechanics program because the money was needed for the football team. they discontinued the shop program because the money was needed for the football team. the football team only went to state once in 100 years. not one player ever went pro. football and baseball teams go on strike in the middle of the season. dallas cowboys footlball players were charged with murder, rape, drugs, and various other crimes but I have never heard of one being prosecuted. the last football game I watched was back in the late 80's when dallas cowboys walked out in the middle of the season. I won't start on the basketball players because they make me throw up. I won't buy t shirts with sports on it or even caps with the names on it. NO sporting event will ever get another cent from me. sorry if I pi$$ you off but that is the way it is.

Well, you know NASCAR is a great American sport. Don't see a lot of contorversy, fights by the fans, little or no gambling, an invocation at the start of every race, the National Anthem, and usually an armed forces presence. I have a lot of respect for the the drivers, teams, and owners.

Take the Petty family, they have spent millions on the "Victory Junction Gang Camp" for kids. And the fans have donated millions of $40 checks in honor of the son they lost in a race wreck. In fact almost everyone of the drivers have a charity they donate to and work to help raise funds for.

Macmarauder, good for you for accepting that dare (but I know there is no man alive who cannot accept a dare...) You're a good looking guy--and tall! You never know, it just might work out well for you!

Heh, gotta love William Hung.... :thumbsup:

Bearskin, gotta agree with your rant (Bozodog, I don't know much about Nascar--except its very, very popular, isn't it?) Son plays Soccer. Football team gets new uniforms every other year, the Soccer team gets new uniforms about every 10 years when they're so ragged the elastic is gone in the shorts--not good. The high school got a millage passed for a sports stadium. They built switched the locations of the football and soccerfields to do this. Montague High School was known for having the nicest soccerfield in the area--and its wrecked. The football coach wouldn't even let anyone other than the football team on the new field. Greedy little ......! And its the school's attitude, not the athlete's. The football players say, "no pads, no helmets, defense and offense play at the same time, no breaks, THOSE GUYS ARE NUTS!! Football is much easier!"

Another overlooked sport is good old Marching Band. The "athletes" tease the Band Geeks (and the band takes pride in being called Band Geeks ;) ) but those kids work hard!!....Precision movements carrying as much as a 50 pound Quad Drum is athleticism. And the football coach makes the players choose between football and band...very sad. Athletic ability can be wiped away with a shot to a knee, music knowledge lasts a lifetime.

Oh, Jeff, its now your turn---confess, confess young man!

Liz

You better read this Liz... I didn't post it for nothing! :unsure:

Ok.... This is really embarassing. :lol: Oh man, I can't believe I'm going to tell this... :blink: Ok, here goes... *deep breath*

Well, we all know/knew N'SYNC the popular boy band. When they first came out I was probably (lets see) 12? and my brothers were probably 9? Maybe younger... Anyway, my brothers and I were fans of them, so we had their CD's and stuff, etc.. Well when they did that HBO show, we recorded it. So basically we had the whole show on tape. Then my brothers and I watched it god knows how many times...lol.. and we memorized all the dance moves, etc.. Then we got our dad to tape us with the video camera, and we put on a mini show. We had all the clothes and stuff, we even had little mic's and stuff..lol Well it was fun. Now, you can all laugh at me...lol.. I can't believe I just told everyone this.. :blink::lol:

Oh god I hope my girlfriend doesn't actually read this..lmao! /me covers mandy's eyes.

B

LOL, Jeff, that is hilarious!!! Ahem, you were simply being a good big brother and helping the little guys out, right??? ;) That's ok, Daughter was a huge, huge Hanson fan and I must admit I liked the Monkees and the Partridge Family at that age (drew the line at the Brady Bunch music, though, thank God I had a tiny bit of taste) Too Funny.

Liz

OMG ...

B...You're to funny! i'm not gonna laugh at you...Um because you could kick me out of here!

DOH ...{snort}... {suppressed laughter}...:lol: :lol: :lol:...Sorry couldn't hold it back!

Hey N'SYNC was a good choice...Not like you were on video singing a "Madonna" song...Into your hairbrush...In a Madonna wanna be outfit...Um not like i know anybody that did that!

You Rock B

Ahem, you were simply being a good big brother and helping the little guys out, right???

That would be a very good way to put it...lol And just for old times sakes and for this post.. I'm right now playing this:

* @Jeff np: N'SYNC - It's Gonna Be Me [03:15m/160Kbps/44KHz]

/me dies laughing...

B

Well you all may be afraid to laugh at Jeff, but I'm not!! descojono1tz.gif

lol, but seriously, yeah I liked nsync when I was younger too. I didn't go to that extreme.. but I liked them. Actually, I was more of a backstreet boys fan. btw.. you must have been younger than 12, they were areound in like '99.

Good one Jeff

Matt

Ok.... This is really embarassing. :lol: Oh man, I can't believe I'm going to tell this... :blink: Ok, here goes... *deep breath*

Well, we all know/knew N'SYNC the popular boy band. When they first came out I was probably (lets see) 12? and my brothers were probably 9? Maybe younger... Anyway, my brothers and I were fans of them, so we had their CD's and stuff, etc.. Well when they did that HBO show, we recorded it. So basically we had the whole show on tape. Then my brothers and I watched it god knows how many times...lol.. and we memorized all the dance moves, etc.. Then we got our dad to tape us with the video camera, and we put on a mini show. We had all the clothes and stuff, we even had little mic's and stuff..lol Well it was fun. Now, you can all laugh at me...lol.. I can't believe I just told everyone this.. :blink::lol:

Oh god I hope my girlfriend doesn't actually read this..lmao! /me covers mandy's eyes.

B

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I guess we all have stories like these somewhere in our minds, but i guess some are just WAAAAY more entertaining than others.... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

thanks blim for the compliment, yeah tall but over weight. i always say that i'm built like baby huey. the original tag line that came to mind was

Evil Genius / Mad Scientist seeks Sexy Female Assistant for night out on town. Need help preventing a few goodie goodie super heros from infecting their goodness upon the unprotected world. Must be adept at Genetic Manipulation, Torture, some form of Martial Arts preferred, a love of brilliant men, and defiantly the Sexy Hair Flip using only your neck. Must look good wearing glasses and lab coat and skirt. Please, hunchbacks no need apply.

Jeff that was a very great story, thanks for sharing. For me it was Transformers and other Giant Robots from Japan. i once made a Robot Costume entirely from toilet paper rolls.

yes sports have plummeted down hill and Nascar hasn't been infected nearly as much. through my father i know some racers and it's the only i've seen that the the families come with the stars. they actually have a day care that travels with them. i wish that other sports would consider having players families travel with them, then they might not get into so much trouble. also there's respect for the game. so few players in so many sports are just there for the money and couldn't care less about respect for the game. i don't watch american football often, just big games but i tend to watch american arena football. there's a lot more people that play the game because they enjoy it.

B

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ahem, you were simply being a good big brother and helping the little guys out, right???

That would be a very good way to put it...lol And just for old times sakes and for this post.. I'm right now playing this:

* @Jeff np: N'SYNC - It's Gonna Be Me [03:15m/160Kbps/44KHz]

/me dies laughing...

B

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well you all may be afraid to laugh at Jeff, but I'm not!! descojono1tz.gif

lol, but seriously, yeah I liked nsync when I was younger too.  I didn't go to that extreme.. but I liked them.  Actually, I was more of a backstreet boys fan.  btw.. you must have been younger than 12, they were areound in like '99.

Good one Jeff

Matt

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

/me beats Matt with a large stick.  Don't laugh at me boy! :lol:

B

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sry B, but I gotta laugh...you wouldn't have mentioned it if you didn't want anyone to laugh...but don't feel so bad, we all have our moments. I have had more in my days that I would like to remember, but I'll tell you guys one in a few.

Welcome to the Forums Mandy, We'll have to keep BT on a tight lease when you aren't around...again sry B!

Well break out the tissues, cuz this is going to make you drop.

Everyone knows about the dream where you go to school with only your underwear or on sometimes you are completely naked, and you picture everyones reactions and during your dream there are even more things that happen, that we all know, we won't tell anyone...well THIS should have been a dream. It was 6th grade for me almost 15 years ago I guess...I woke up on a normal day, got dressed, put socks and shoes on and walked down to the bus stop. Well, I got to school and something didn't feel right. I didn't think much about it, and I when I was younger, I didn't pay attention to anything...I mean ANYTHING...now that I am mature and dressed to impress I kinda have to pay attention to everything, but walking to my second glass for the day I realized I had a tear in my pants along the bottom of my back left pocket. It hung down revealing half of my butt...and I mean bare-bottom folks...But that wasn't the half of it...I started looking around the rest of my jeans and realized that my FLY on my zipper was also open...at that moment, I glanced up and caught the 2 hottest girls in the school staring at the GRAND CANYON HOLE where my zipper should have been zipped up tight. What was I supposed to do...To finish the story...I am happily engaged to one of them now, and the other one is my best friend married to my best guy friend...but 15 years later...THEY STILL BRING IT UP, especially when we meet new people and make fun of each other...

Sry BT...might have you beat on the N'Sync Video Remake...

(p.s.---had to make myself feel better after telling my story...much respect though)...

Oh, poor Vile!!!! Well, at least it didn't happen in High School, right??? Hopefully your fiance makes you wear underware, now :D

Macmarauder, I like your "optional tag line", too!!!! Shows your good sense of humor. And know this, big guys are the best cuddlers!

Oh, and to Nascar, I forgot to write earlier, that I know Richard Petty's nephew (looks just like him, too) He said Uncle Richie is the nicest, most down to earth guy you'd ever want to meet. So is Nephew. Must run in the family.

Liz

Oh, poor Vile!!!!  Well, at least it didn't happen in High School, right???  Hopefully your fiance makes you wear underware, now  :D

Liz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can't make promises that I do more days than not, but I make sure not to wear torn jeans and that my zipper and belt are following the rules...LOL...You would never think that some things would last that long, but without even telling any of my friends that i posted the story...they brought it up yesterday...

[rant]

I have a little rant. It involves the disrespect or the harassment that younger individuals have to face when they do something better than someone who is a little older than them. I work in the IT field as a IT/IS Admin. I was dealing with a outside the company consultant that couldn't fix a connection error with DHCP and Static IP's having conflicts. ANY EASY FIX AT THAT...you can't have DHCP issue IP addresses that are also Static IP's without having the conflicts...after almost an hour of him standing there and me sitting down relaxing, just watching the idiot who has been in the field for 20+ years (he says) figure out what he needs to do to fix the problem. Well he said he gives up...I walked up to the machine, opened the DHCP admin tool, clicked on reserved IP address's and proceeded to add the IP addresses that were static...He jumps up and says..."I KNEW HOW TO DO THAT...I WAS CHECKING OTHER THINGS ON THE SERVER, INSTEAD OF THAT!" I turned and asked him what he was Checking and his only answer was "I WOULDN"T EVEN UNDERSTAND!" I have been in the field for only 5 years professional and with school and this is my first REAL CAREER JOB, but i wanted to b*tch slap him back to his early teens...Then he continued to talk about he knows this and that, and "BACKDOOR" accesses into programs and such...The last time I checked, there weren't backdoor accesses into programs/servers on the consumer/corporate/government side unless you bought the code...He really doesn't like me know that i brought that little fact up because there was more than me and him standing there now and His Consulting Partner (the hands-on guy) started laughing at him...WOW...Breifly after all of this, we and his partner started walking off talking shizzz about me saying I didn't know anything, and I he wasn't there I would still be working on the IP issuing problem...some people don't know what is coming for them...

[/rant]

Wow, Vile, what a jerk!! When I was "starting out" in sales, I learned the best thing to say to folks like that was to shrug and suggest that my ideas were "so beginner/basic" that they probably didn't even think of something so simple, its easy to forget "the beginner stuff"....soon, they were getting imput from the newbie :) I could charm the birds off the trees....

But in the tech field, it's the young'uns who know more than the oldsters!! Too bad he doesn't see things that way, I certainly do--heh, I make Son reprogram the VCR when the power goes out and have no idea how to work the DVD player--and Son has showed me a LOT of tricks on this idiot box.....

Similar Rant

Being a female working in a "man's profession". I have had people excuse themselves, go to the service desk and ask for a male salesperson (how humilating!!) No offense, but especially the Senior Citizens and Asian guys (I KNOW its generations of conditioning, it isn't their fault, but it got to the point where I wouldn't approach them...)

Especially happened when I worked at the floor covering place. Doesn't make sense, especially since its usually the WIFE that takes care of the floors, seems like a female imput would be valued, but I guess there was a reason why I was the "token female" working with 6 men....but still frustrating, since I was the only one with an art degree--who better than to match those couch cushions??

end rant

Liz

Well, you know NASCAR is a great American sport. Don't see a lot of contorversy, fights by the fans, little or no gambling, an invocation at the start of every race, the National Anthem, and usually an armed forces presence. I have a lot of respect for the the drivers, teams, and owners.

Take the Petty family, they have spent millions on the "Victory Junction Gang Camp" for kids. And the fans have donated millions of $40 checks in honor of the son they lost in a race wreck. In fact almost everyone of the drivers have a charity they donate to and work to help raise funds for.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No disrespect intended, and please take this lightly:

NASCAR=

Non

Athletic

Sport

Centered

Around

Rednecks

I can hear the hate mail coming. :D