A friend was complaining about her pc, so I went over to check it. First of all, she's running DSL with no anti-virus, firewall, or spyware support. Bad idea. Started in Add/Remove, when I could fight through the pop-ups, and found tons of crap. Installed Spybot, it found 327 items, removed them. Adaware found well over 100, removed them. Installed AVG, and get this, almost 200 viruses found! I have never seen such a mess in my life. She said it was her grandkids, but I know she just clicks on crap that comes up too.

Anyway, there is something called Yaplock that is left, that nothing will remove. I get an error message when I try to take it out, and it doesn't help that I can't remember what it was :(

Found something online called Aim Fix 1.0 Anybody know if that's a good thing to use? That seems to be the only thing left on her pc I need to get rid of.

And yes, I did giver her a "stearn" talking to about running always on without all the protection I put on there, and told her to never turn off the AVG and run Spybot and Adaware often.

CsrLiz344,

If your friends computer was that infected, I suggest you post a HijackThis log to be examined.

There're some things Ad-aware and Spybot, alone, can't remove.

Instructions for running a log can be found here:

Posting A Correct Hijackthis Log

Once you have the log, start a new topic in this forum, and some one will help you:

HijackThis Logs

Follow all of their instructions carefully.

Once your log has been cleaned, they will instruct you on how to reduce the chances of further infection.

Good luck.

I'm going to try to get over there today or tomorrow, I'm leaving Monday for Florida, will try to get the HJT log filed, and tell her to check back, If you post specific instructions for things to be taken off, she should be able to follow them.

Thanks guys, you're lifesavers.