What are you snacking on?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great Value from (Walmart) diet koolaide & Vodka and Polar Herring Fillets in hot tomato sauce for the eye opener.

Later (all week project) leftovers from my tailgate party, Go Pack Go, us/many to visit Pete Dallas Super Bowl Dome.

Later all week long cheese and crackers with a side of sausage.

More than one cig.

Packers all the way :thumbsup:

Marsh

carrot sticks. just kidding. I just wanted to balance out all the junk food. actually I wish I had some, they sound good.

Hi, thanks for the memories an un opened bag of Potato Sticks by Better Made.

Hmm what else is in the freezer because I'm hungry for nothing ?

Being a diabetic, so hard to force myself to eat and must, so hard to cook for one, takes the thrill out of life.

Still have my wok bought in Hong Kong on my way home from Vietnam (69-71), so much effort to please myself goes unused.

Someday ?

My diabetic nurse said Marsh there are 21 meals a week and you can cheat on one.

Surprised and shocked Pete hasn't made a comment, a connoisseur of food.

To be continued...

Marsh

Those darn cheeseheads brought their arctic weather with them.

It was 21 when I woke up and the temperature is now down to 18, they say we could have wind chills to -10 tonight.

We had freezing rain all night, followed by sleet and snow.

DFW airport and Love Field airport are closed (How upset will those folks who paid thousands for superbowl tickets be when their flight gets canceled and the airline tells them that all flights are booked solid , so they can reschedule them for next week).

Greenbay was scheduled to do their practice outside at SMU's stadium. But due to weather they had to negotiate to use Highland Park High School's indoor stadium.(Yeah, a school district so rich they have an indoor football stadium for the high school).

Of course it seems that to the northeast of us they are getting walloped, 14 inches of snow in Tulsa Ok, and it is headed for Detroit.

Made a batch "hash", Sweet Potatoes, Russett Potatoes, Onion, Jalapeno, and Chorizo (sausage) . Spicy and warming , and needed two glasses of ice water to wash it down.

The Rhodesian Ridgeback took one look outside and ran for the bedroom. The Alaskan Husky on the other hand, once she figured out what the snow was will not come back inside.

Many scenes of icy roads and stalled vehicles.

Hang in there, could it get possibly worse ? Of course for the other 1/3 of the country with this blast.

Coming your way Bozo, my CNA will be here soon, has a daughter in Detroit, so will get a full report.

Hi Pete, what, you sent this storm up from the south, haha not a Canadian blast from TymeKiller.

Sunny and 17f no complaints here other than getting burned out of cheese sandwich, grilled cheese.

Pop a cork champagne bottle when the Packers bring back the trophy.

Go Pack Go...

Marsh

Having breaded pork steak, mashed cauliflower w/cheddar cheese, and probably chive biscuits. Sun has been shining all day, We really skirted the storm. All around us folks got well over a foot, we barely made 9". As we were finishing up a steak, eggs, and tater breakfast, neighbor rolled up with his snow blower a blowing. Life is grand!

Super Bowl Sunday is toooo far away. Packs gonna take it!

Making a big pot (from scratch) of vegetable beef and barley soup.

Three quarts of home made stock (clean out the fridge).

Brisket

Garlic

Onion

Napa Cabbage

Carrots

Celery

canned corn

canned peas

canned green beans

Canned diced tomatoes

Barley (whole grain not rolled and steamed).

Cilantro

Jalapenos (fresh not pickled) .

Pizza and wine. Two of the major food groups.

Dude.....I think you and I have the same nutritionist:)

I'm going to make orange chicken tonight for dinner.

1 tsp garlic powder

1 tsp ginger powder

2 tsp honey

2 cups of pure orange juice (squeezed)

Pre-heat oven to 350.

Put 16-18 chicken thighs in a greased pan.

Combine garlic, ginger, and honey with orange juice. Pour orange juice over skinned chicken thighs. Cover chicken with foil and bake at 350 for 90 minutes. Delicious.

1 tsp garlic powder

1 tsp ginger powder

2 tsp honey

Pre-heat oven to 350.

Combine garlic, ginger, and honey with orange juice. Pour orange juice over skinned chicken thighs. Cover chicken with foil and bake at 350 for 90 minutes. Delicious.

That sounds good. I am going to try it :-) Already juicy thighs with that sauce sounds great. 90 minutes seems really long. I wonder if that much time is necessary

1 tsp garlic powder

1 tsp ginger powder

2 tsp honey

Pre-heat oven to 350.

That sounds good. I am going to try it :-) Already juicy thighs with that sauce sounds great. 90 minutes seems really long. I wonder if that much time is necessary

60 minutes will do it....but....I like it to be really cooked. Try and experiment with the time and see how it goes:) I hope you like it!