our new commercials

We are just about finished with two commercials for our business. I am really excited to start broadcasting them.

This business has come a long way. I remember when I placed my first small yellow pages ad about 5 years ago(worked out of my home). when the phone would ring i used to get a pit in my stomach; I did not know how to answer most questions. About all I knew was how to reload a system and put together a basic pc. Today with over 8000 hours of professional service, I feel me and my team can compete with the best.

• 2 weeks later...

we got our first checked in client today(less then a $100 in labor). it only cost us about $525(air time) not counting production costs of about $600(sarcasm). It takes time to build brand awareness. I suspect we wont see much return until a few months hitting it hard. I am actually really excited!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks. that is me in the ad. I sure hope they do well.

Advertising is an interesting thing. You want to reach as many people as possible, but you can't spread yourself to thin. You also need frequency. It is a trade of, if you have a certain amount of money to spend every month, you can try and reach everyone in the area one time, or reach 20% in the area 5 times. Frequency verses Reach. We need to find the sweet spot.

Shanenin:

I like the commercials - They are cherry, relevant, and informative and catch your eye! You did a good job with these. You are right about advertising, and that you should NOT spread yourself too thin. I wish you and your company well, and I hope to see more commercials as you move forward!

Brian

I have been toying with the idea of doing a public service type commercial. We would give a tip on tv about keeping your computer safe, run better, or some other computer related help spot. People will associate us with helping. I think it would be a great idea. I am looking for suggestions on a tip to offer in either a 15 or 30 second spot. I would prefer 15 second spots, but they may be too short, that would only leave about 8 seconds to give the actual tip.