Wordpress 3.03 Problem

Good Morning!

Today, I am working on installing wordpress 3.03 after we experienced a Clamwin Antivirus update that hosed our blog server. We have since reinstalled Windows Server 2003 R2 Stanadard Edition, Service Pack 2 and XAMPPlite, which appears to be working fine.

The Problem is, that we have a site called Barrecity.info Blog that we want to link to the main site of Barrecity Dot Info. We have installed and configured XAMPPlite, and it appears to be working well, EXCEPT that if you go to the BarreCity.info BLOG, the Theme Pictures will NOT show at all, and will come up as BIG Boxes with a red X instead of the TwentyTen Theme. This occurs for all people accessing it from the outside.

The Only way to see the Theme TwentyTen, is to Remote to the Server and then launch IE from the server, and give http://localhost/wordpress as the address. Any attempt to adjust the settings in the Admin Panel causes the pictures NOT to show from outside, and I am not sure why, and I need some help on this one, because I am not sure what the problem is, and I am going to have to put Multisite use into operation soon - I think there is a Linking problem or something that I did not see, or a permissions problem: However, I am unaware of any problem, because the only account on this box is an admin account - any changes to this control panel seem to muck up the setup and cause me to have to DROP, the Databases, uninstall Wordpress, and then Recreate the Databases, and install again.

Is there anything Anyone can do to help me solve this: We don't believe that this has happened before, and we may have to make adjustments to the domain or the server, but we are not sure. Any help you can give me here would be GREATLTY Appreciated!!

Thanks,

Brian

Edited by baker7
  • 2 weeks later...

Problem solved: Borked install of XAMPP must have messed up the Wordpress blogs: I still have NO idea why, but Dan did a reinstall of XAMPP for windows and Wordpress 3.03 and it works Fine now.

Brian

I noticed a lot of link references to localhost, so perhaps Apache was still passing this information to WordPress when it should have been sending the domain name.

Glad it worked out for you. BTW, WordPress was updated to v3.0.4, so you might want to update.

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed a lot of link references to localhost, so perhaps Apache was still passing this information to WordPress when it should have been sending the domain name.

Glad it worked out for you. BTW, WordPress was updated to v3.0.4, so you might want to update.

Falcon:

I have updated all systems to Wordpress 3.04, now that we KNOW what the heck happened :)

Thanks for the Help!!

Brian