I had photos on my Ipod nano and synced it with my Macbook Pro. The photos are now gone from my Ipod nano. Is there any way to retrieve or restore them? My intention was to move the photos from the Ipod and view them on the MAC. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Good Morning!!

When You "sync up" an ipod, I am assuming that you will or have been using Itunes. (Version 10 is current) If you use itunes, you can usually put them on the ipod, and transfer things from your ipod to Tunes, if you have pictures that you have put there as a result of using your Ipod, then you would have to make sure BEFORE the sync of the Ipod that EVERYTHING you want synced is checked, and this can be done if you connect your ipod to your Mac or PC (I use a PC) and then click on your IPOD - check to see that all areas (Music, Videos, apps, photos etc) containing the content you want to sync are checked and that there are no greyed out areas in itunes that may contain what you are looking for, or what will happen when you sync up, is that anything you downloaded that is NOT checked for syncronization will be DELETED because it was NOT checked off in your Ipod config.

Also, You MAY be able to use your Ipod Nano as a hard drive. I have the Ipod Touch - To do this, simply connect Nano to your computer and you can open it and see if anything is on the Nano that is NOT related to the sync. Using Ipods as portable hard drives can be helpful sometimes - Maybe the pictures you have are there?

If Not, do you have a place where you would place pictures on the Mac? Perhaps they may be on your machine somewhere if not in Itunes - I did not see a place for picture storage in itunes 10 - although I have only had my Ipod since Christmas Eve.

Good Luck, and I hope this info is helpful!!

Brian