Bozo, the one on the left is 1/2 boxer, 1/2 shepherd... like his mom and dad were... He's 85 pounds. Morgan is registered, will be two years old in Feb. weighs 65.

The Dane in the bottom pic, Gypsy, has passed, she was 11 years old and weighed 120 pounds. Fiffer, da mutt is 40 pounds, and she's 15 years old.

Yes, we were fortunate. She was fed Iams large breed all her life. We kept her on the lean side for her joints, and plenty of exercise. The little one under her is pushing 16, and Bozo is nearly 9. We're looking for another Dane, or boxer pup to fill the family.

Morgan is the computer shop dog... She goes 4 days a week. :)

• 2 months later...

Had to put my 15 year old dog to sleep this week. She had a stroke and it was the right thing to do.

Going to check on adopting a 'replacement' from a rescue group today. They contacted us concerning a "Sheep Rottie" ( I think they meant shepherd rottwieler ) that was being fostered but the foster family said they could not keep him.

Here is the new pup

post-45-0-10104600-1300571476_thumb.jpg

Not really sure what he is.

The previous foster kept him crated and he seems to be lacking in doggie social skills (never got a chance to develop them). He hides a lot and so far has not made any attempts to play with the others. But given time he should do well.

Gotta walk them all, so I will start taking him with the oldest most stable dog to see if I can get them to bond and the confidence of the older dog to rub off on him.

Edit

He weighs 55 lbs. Supposedly he is a year old, but if he starts growing I will know he is not.

From the front he looks like a rottweiler pup. From the rear, well he could be part terrier (pitt) or sharpei. He runs and bounds like a Rott (does that crazy bouncing up and down with all four feet off the ground when he gets excited). Learned to play fetch fairly quickly.

Was originally terrrified of every noise on walks, especially metal on metal. But he is getting over it as he sees the other dogs ignore things.

• 1 month later...

He is a real sweety, and he has settled in nicely. He uses the potty patch , most of the time, sometimes he misses and pees beside it.

He loves the walks, and does that characteristic Rottweiler bounce jump of joy all the time.

I went to Petco to see about getting a doggie backpack for the Husky so she can carry some bottles of water and a collapsible drink bowl on the long runs (we do five miles on Sat and Sun ) to give her a bit more exercise.

The biggest they had was a Large, and I was about to get it but it looked small. I checked the measurements and it said it fit dogs with up to 15 inch necks and 19 inch chests, if that is a Large I have no Idea what she is but she has a 22 inch neck and 36 inch chest I know for sure she is too big to fit the harness I had for my lab and lab rottweiler. She could pull a very heavy sled.

• 4 weeks later...

We are now fostering two puppies for the rescue group http://www.dfwrescueme.org/ we got the last one from.

They had dysentery and the pound was going to put them down as they did not have the resources to isolate and care for sick puppies (fearing it could spread to all the dogs in the pound). The group rescued them and took them to the vet for diagnosis and treatment and wanted someone to nurse them back to health and socialize them so they will be adoptable. They are australian shepherd mixes.

As you can see, they are now quite healthy and cute.post-45-0-39561400-1306684331_thumb.jpg

post-45-0-48726800-1306684283_thumb.jpg