Make Shortcut To Windows "msconfig"

Shortcut to msconfig

"How do I put a shortcut to the System Configuration Utility (msconfig) on my Start menu so I don't have to type "msconfig" in the Run box?"

Right-click the desktop and select New, Shortcut to start the Create Shortcut wizard. In the 'Command line' field, enter msconfig (in Windows 98 and Me),

or

c:\windows\pchealth\helpctr\binaries\msconfig (in XP). Finish stepping through the wizard, making your own choices. Once you have the shortcut on your desktop, simply drag it to your Start menu.

(Note that Windows 2000 lacks the System Configuration Utility.)

Voila!

handy, very handy! ;)

Great tip, Chachazz,

My problem is I can never remember the process or the term "msconfig" without looking it up, since I've only used it a couple of times, and that was with a Gateway Guy on the other end of the phone! And I'm so afraid to use the "run", because if I misspell something, the idiot box might blow up :unsure:

Thanks,

Liz

Great tip, Chachazz,

My problem is I can never remember the process or the term "msconfig" without looking it up, since I've only used it a couple of times, and that was with a Gateway Guy on the other end of the phone! And I'm so afraid to use the "run", because if I misspell something, the idiot box might blow up :unsure:

Thanks,

Liz

:lol::lol::lol: true, true, even i am still afraid of that when messing around.

But, for those with Windows 2000, never fear, google for msconfig and you can always download it, and use it with Win2000. Or at least, this is what i have read.