Hi everyone newbie here i barley have any knowledge regarding techie things...My question may be a bit complicated maybe not for you guys pretty much i got a computer about a year ago with an integrated graphics card it was for work related things so it was cheap and effective now about a year later i have gotten more into pc gameing so having this quite well pathetic graphics card is horrible for pc gameing so i am looking to upgrade the only problem is can i install a new graphics card into this computer even though it has an integrated graphics card?. I opened up my computer and saw there was an empty graphics card slot but im still not sure any help would be appreciated here is a list of my specs allso if i am able to get a new card any suggestions? i have a budget of around 120$ thanks for all the help!

http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c01852860〈=en&cc=us&taskId=101&contentType=SupportFAQ&prodSeriesId=3999463&prodTypeId=12454

Hi everyone newbie here i barley have any knowledge regarding techie things...My question may be a bit complicated maybe not for you guys pretty much i got a computer about a year ago with an integrated graphics card it was for work related things so it was cheap and effective now about a year later i have gotten more into pc gameing so having this quite well pathetic graphics card is horrible for pc gameing so i am looking to upgrade the only problem is can i install a new graphics card into this computer even though it has an integrated graphics card?. I opened up my computer and saw there was an empty graphics card slot but im still not sure any help would be appreciated here is a list of my specs allso if i am able to get a new card any suggestions? i have a budget of around 120$ thanks for all the help!

http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c01852860〈=en&cc=us&taskId=101&contentType=SupportFAQ&prodSeriesId=3999463&prodTypeId=12454

Not sure about your PC but, once you install the new card you might have to change a jumper on the motherboard to allow the card to over ride the on-board graphics. If you put it in and it doesn't work come back for help.

You most likely will just have to change the BIOS settings now that I think about it. There will be a setting to disable the on-board graphics.

Most likely, you wont have to do anything. as soon as you install the card, it will automatically disable the onboard video.

if you get real adventurous, you could throw in a fast dual core proc for about $60

I'm falling behind. I remember once I had to change the jumper on the mother board and then the next time I just had to disable the on board and now I guess it is automatic. Progress. Sure is totally different from my first 300 Baud modem and 8086. Before that it was the TI-994a. And before that was the Arari 400 then the 800XL.