Gas Price Talk Radio

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi All!

Remember all my bellyaching about Hubby and his "need to have truck"? I talked to my folks today and my 74 year old father with 3 local son-in-laws with trucks to borrow anytime.....sigh....bought a truck! Guess he was feeling left out.

He was like a kid at Christmas, though, "even the cruise control works". Its a (grabs note I wrote) 1985 Chevy S10 Extended Cab with 100-something-thousand miles on it and he got it for $400. Runs good, no rust, no holes and of course, cruise control!!

But he needs a truck less than Hubby.....sigh, a man just needs a truck, I guess. Mom says it'll keep him busy and out of her hair--I suppose that's good, my Dad is a Ritalin Candidate if I ever saw one. ;)

Liz

While driving in Pennsylvania, a family caught up to an Amish

carriage. The owner of the carriage obviously had a sense of humor,

because attached to the back of the carriage was a hand printed sign...

"Energy efficient vehicle: Runs on oats and grass. Caution: Do not step

in exhaust."

That would be funny to see Bozodog....(sign on carriage).... :D

Blim...for sure Hubby needs truck.... :lol:

Trucks=Guys......Guys=Trucks..... :lol:(Just kidding ya Blim).... :D

Wife calls my truck...."The Beast"....she has a hard time driving it if the car is being used. But then what can you expect for someone who is 4' 11'' driving a GMC 1/2 ton down the street and needs a pillow to sit on in order to see over the sterring wheel.... :lol:

Scarrryyyy..... smiley-faces-28.gif

Sigh, Bozodog and RV, you're absolutely right....the things we do to keep them happy!! Ah, small price, I guess. At least Dad and Hubby don't buy brand new trucks (or more than likely, don't have the nerve to get one!! They're like 40 grand????So I've heard. That's a small house!!)

RV, my Dad had a truck called "the Beast"!!!! A loud, ugly old powerful "woodie" (wood hauler)

Finally went to town today--gas was $2.36 Still cheaper than what RV's paying (thank goodness!!)

Liz

:blink: Hey Mac, he's a good driver. The UK has a much more difficult road system to navagate. There are 70 differant signs there... 70! compared to our, what?, 10-12? Funny, the instructor said there were 3 other Brits tested this week. All passed just fine.

Like that pic, that your mascot?

Well, got "ole Blue" on the road, street legal. Now if I can only figure out the vaccume lines on the new carb... Dang thing is gagging on it's own gas... *sometimes. Runs fine other times. Will be nice to have two cars in the family...

Congrats Pipex, once you get used to the other side of the road it's easy to drive over here. Signs are sure simpler to remember. I only messed up about which side of the road one time, it was a long empty two lane highway and I realised before anyone saw me.

Gas $2:30 here, but that seems to be cheaper than most other places

Hi everybody,

Just caught up to date on this thread finally.

Gas here nearest station today 2.45 down from 2.48 last week. I agree with whoever said awhile back that they are reestablishing base prices by raising then lowering but not all the way prices. Prediction from head of Oregon gas dealers ass (my new favorite abbreviation btw) is for $3 by Holidays. Probably will go higher then drop to where "they" want it to settle out at $3.

Sure glad our old (1990) Subaru Justy gets great gas milage, about 35mpg winter, summer a mile or two more.

I dread taking the motorhome out for our fall vacation. If we pray over it, it gets 7mpg, that is when it isn't spending time in whatever garage it can find on the trip. Sigh. I think it is fixed finally but...? Maybe it feels neglected that we don't take it more places more often. But try telling it how much gas costs, and that vacations are only once a year, and that it is a road hog, without hurting it's feelings even more.

Gas Buddy

Gas Price Watch

Feds site for gas prices and more

AAA Fuel Gauge Report with local search option

AAA State by State Gas Price Averages

Just a few sites to look at while letting car spend more time at home. Sigh.

Before I forget, I want to thank Mac and Doc and everyone else who gave tips to make car more gas efficient.

Don't forget to change out gas filters, some vehicles have more than one gas filter too. And get a better fuel pump if you have a heavy duty rig like a motorhome. Makes a world of difference! We found that out the hard way (while on vacation 2 different years!). Original was found to be nearly shot when tank was dropped and bad gas gunk cleaned out (I even remember the station in Longview Wa when we got bad gas a couple of years before) (and yes we use Stabil when stored), they left in original intank pump (bad move!) and added a 'cheater' inline pump but missed out on diagnosing a bad carb even though hubby told them he suspected it as he had told Ford and other garages for years. Last year's (I think but could be off a year) vacation at another tiny community garage did a carb rebuild and added a heavy duty inline pump. WoW! We could actually climb a hill with ease again, and the mileage came back up to 7mpg. And the carb rebuild was a huge help! We knew there were 2 fuel filters, but found out about another right by carbuerator. It's a 1997 Ford 350. So check it out folks, you also may have more than one. And yes they do clog up, I think even worse with ethanoled gas in winter. I hate that stuff, in ffact it makes no sense to me, as it decreases mpg and power so how does it help clean air when it makes you buy more gas??? And I think new energy bill was to increase the amount of it per gallon of gas. Boon for farmers, bad for everyone else.

Just my 2 cents thrown in here.

God bless everyone.

*choke* $2.59!! Glad I have half a tank, maybe it'll drop on Tuesday...And Mike, I sure know about that milk thing, it's as loopy as gas, up, down, up, down. It was up to $4 gallon this winter, but milk at the gas stations run $2.59 (2%)

Liz

$2.33 here in Eastern Panhandle of WV, one gas station only. The rest vary from $2.39 to $2.49. Doesn't bother me this week as the car terminated itself on Tuesday evening. Of course I wasn't even close to home when it died. We had gone to a Baltimore Orioles game (they actually won yeah), and as we were leaving the parking lot the alternator light came on. When I popped the hood none of the belts were turning. Drove the thing almost halfway home on battery power. If it had been daytime I think it would have made it the whole way. The motor was still running but the headlights were too weak to see.