Gas Price Talk Radio

Good news. :D Bad news. :angry:

Our strong and conservative Michingan legistrature has passed a bill allowing the "governor" to remove the 6% sales tax from gasoline during times of excessive prices.

What does our "bleeding heart" liberal gov do? Applaudes the bill as a good one, but doesn't think it's the time to implement it. Go figure, she might have to pull in the belt of entitlement spending to offset *my* 18 cents (at $3) a gallon savings. Folks, that's about $5 a fill up in my car...... Yep, that's a "Hot and Ready" pizza from Little Caesars. (better in my working gals belly, then some food stamp spender)

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That six percent may be only five bucks to you, but multiply that times the population of Michigan*, 6,676,000, and it becomes a loss of revenue of $33,380,000, PER FILL-UP! :blink:

*Total poplulation includes children, but does not include out of state drivers filling up in Michigan, nor does your savings necessarily reflect an average savings, so for the sake of argument ... let's just go with that number.

Think I'll drive to Michigan to grocery shop. WV taxes food at 6% just like everything else. The dems put it on 10 or 11 years ago for just a couple of years while the state was in bad financial shape. Of course the have never removed it even though the financial crisis is long past,

btw gas now at $3.08

Think I'll drive to Michigan to grocery shop. WV taxes food at 6% just like everything else. The dems put it on 10 or 11 years ago for just a couple of years while the state was in bad financial shape. Of course the have never removed it even though the financial crisis is long past,

btw gas now at $3.08

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok, I have to ask. Don't you have to drive across OHIO to get to it? WV and Michigan aren't neighbors are they?

BH

Heh, BH.. Yes across Ohio, and no, not neighbors. And there are pleanty of folks here in SW Mich. that drive into Indiana for beer and cigarettes, because there is less tax on them.

Robroy, all I can say is thank God *most* of Michigan is conservitive. Wayne county(Detroit) is our ghetto of liberals. But they can't fill our senate and house. Although they do skew our national elections with they're numbers.

... The prices have come down nicely here. $2.89 (anyone believe that's good? I have a bridge I wanna sell you)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You mean you're wise to the "Jack up the prices 'til it hurts then bring it down a little but still much higher than it used to be and everyone will breathe a sigh of relief thinking gas is cheap again" trick? <_<

... The prices have come down nicely here. $2.89 (anyone believe that's good? I have a bridge I wanna sell you)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You mean you're wise to the "Jack up the prices 'til it hurts then bring it down a little but still much higher than it used to be and everyone will breathe a sigh of relief thinking gas is cheap again" trick? <_<

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

JDoors, my sentiment exactly. Trick? No, very calculating. A lot of companies do that. Create a shortage, jack the prices, then lower them just a little, so you think you have a bargain.

They lower the size of the product in lbs, ozs, gals, etc, so you are paying more anyway.

BTW $2.99 gal reg here.

Slick.

Barb <_<

Heard this on the radio

Most expensive gas  Holland $6.48 per gallon (no wonder they sell in liters)

Cheapest gas Venezuela  $0.12, yeah thats 12 cents a gallon

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

12¢ a gallon! Now how to bury a pipeline there is the next question.

Dropped to $2.95 a gallon here in the Dakotas.

Our liberal Senators and Legislaters are pushing for the temporary removel of the sales tax on gas. Our conservative governor (Pataki) is too busy running around the country greasing the top Republican palms in his attempt to run for President instead of helping with a solution. Our Democrat attorney general, soon to be new governor, is investigating the gas companies for price gouging. The only reason given that the removal of the tax is a bad thing is that the government needs the money to pay it's increased fuel costs. The only problem with that argument is the state, county and city governments don't pay the tax in the first place so their cost increase isn't as bad as the publics. It's time for them to start sharing cars and not let the heavy trucks and equipment idle when it isn't doing anything which is most of the time.

Our liberal Senators and Legislaters are pushing for the temporary removal of the sales tax on gas.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hell has frozen over. Politicians, especially liberal ones, never reduce taxes. By doing so, they are cutting their own throats. George should give it up, the Republican south is never going to vote for a Yankee Carpetbagger. :)

BH

Michigan's governor is "considering" cutting the sales tax on gasoline, too. "She agrees it should be done but is going to wait" :huh:

Terrorist, you hit on one of my pet peeves, with the vehicles idling. When our cops are watching for speeders (ahem, reading the newspaper--we live in a tiny town) their engines are always running. Now I know, they have to leap into action on a moment's notice, but the 2 seconds needed to start the car isn't going to delay their arrival to an emergency more than about.... 2 seconds!!! Not to mention the environmental aspects of that policy....

Went down again today $2.75 Still have my 3/4 tank of $3.00 gas, though.

Liz

In my county (Oswego) all of the deputy sheriffs get their own personal patrol car to take home with them when they are off. To me this is a waste of the taxpayers money. The Republicans gave them this deal. In NY the Republicans are the worse offenders of tax and spend plus bigger government.