Gas Price Talk Radio

well on Tue diesel was 2.789 in Pa, and wed, it was 2.74 in In, and in Oh today, i paid 2.859. and guessing in Pa where i am tonight, it is close to or above 3.00.

this is getting bad.

look for price of goods in stores to start to go up do to transport companies having to make shippers or recievers take some of the increase in fuel prices.

heard rumors that it could go up to $5 a gal for gas, or more.

boy were the refineries stupid for building on the coast where hurricanes could hit.

:(

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A relative of mine complained because his gas was $2.69.  :blink:

My gas was that much before Katrina. I told him if he was lookign for sympathy, i wont give it to him.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The news is that some Atlanta stations were charging over $5 per gallon today.

Who's looting now?

The news is that some Atlanta stations were charging over $5 per gallon today.

Who's looting now?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not looting, profiteering. Looting is petty crime, profiteering is evil.

The way I see it, stopping looting is less of a priority when you need to save lives. After all, it is just stuff.

Profiteering leads to much worse, If it goes on I see fire bombing and murder close behind. The Senators and governers are freaking out about it, as they should. People that are desperate will do whatever it takes to remove themselves from danger.

BH

It would me too, if it weren't for the fact it goes the other way when the price drops.  When it drops, they will be selling $4 gas for $3.50.  They have to do it this way, otherwise gas retailers would wait until the tank price is low and fill up the station.  This would lead to surges in demand and empty tanks if the retailer speculated incorrectly.  The cost of gas is determined the day, or several times the day of sale.  It has no official value until then. [emphasis added]  So you are paying based on what the crude price and demand is on any given day.  Thats why it goes up and down so quickly. 

BH

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

BTW, I meant to thank your for explaining this well enough for me to FINALLY understand the concept. :thumbsup:

Edited by JDoors

They just announced today in our area, which gets it's Alaskan and Canadian gas from a Washington refinery mainly by pipeline, that the gas will be allocated first to company owned stations, then to leased stations according to contract minimums, then to independents if any left over. I predict long lines forming again, and odd/even days you will be able to get gas as happened here in 70's. No rhyme nor reason explanation of why we will be on short supply, other than gas companies have always hated us for not allowing self serve gas in this state. Sigh!!!

I have a feeling we will be canceling our fall vacation with motorhome. Hubby on 2 month sabbatical starting tomorrow, and we had planned for ages to take longer vacation trips to the coast. So between the gas expense, and possible coming shortages, and then I got a jury call notice today for Sept 27th, so our planned trips sound pretty iffy now. :unsure: Am sure disappointed!!! Mad about jury thing too!!! How did jury duty become mandatory in this country? That sure doesn't seem right to me! Oh well, at least hubby will be able to take me down, instead of riding buses and light-rail.

Has anyone noticed in their news that the gas prices quoted may be for premium, instead of regular? I had been suspecting it, but actually saw the upper part of gas sign on noon news that had not mentioned the quoted price was for premium, not regular or mid-level options. Nothing like making things look worse than they are!!! Oh regular gas is now in shorter supply at some stations. Surprise! Surprise!!! :angry2::angry:

Pat.

God bless everyone.

Well here in SE part of Va, it has gone from (Mon-Fri) $2.49, $2.79 and today is $3.18, regular. I wonder what tomorrow will bring? Do not plan on any driving this weekend.

Did you all see prices in Georgia? $5.00 something reg and $6.00 for hi test. That has to be price gouging. :angry2:

Barb

Just went down to $2.99 here in W. Michigan, was $3.50----But my next door neighbor told me the local station was "crazy busy" tonight. Hard to tell if it's a rumor, a Holiday Weekend in a Tourist Town, or folks letting their tanks empty while the price was higher. Glad I have 3/4 tank.

Liz

it was 3.29 on my way home from work. I may park my Civic in favor of a moped either that or i'm gonna buy a Chevette Diesel and make some biodiesel outta used vegetable oil methanol and lye

Edited by Honda_Boy
Ohhh, no, Makai, they will likely raise it to the roof tomorrow when the tourists come!!

Liz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OK. Now that makes sense. Maybe they were being nice to the locals and let them fill up before the gouging starts. Although that doesn't fit my idea of the usual business model, some companies do have a sense of treating their customers nicely.

here is a tid bit for you, the federal dot has temporary lifted the HOS rules for tanker trucks. which means that tanker trucks do not have to follow the hours of service regulations during this fuel crisis.

:blink:

it still is going to get worse before it gets better :wacko:

Let's see now if they can drive safely past the 11 hours they were allowed to do.

Good heavens doesn't anyone have any common sense here? Even 11 hours is to many to drive without sleep. We have had so many bad truck accidents in our state, many due to drivers falling asleep at the wheel. Yes even tanker trucks! Extending the hours they drive is insane. :wacko:

I have a huge respect for good truck drivers with properly maintained rigs, but they aren't superhuman enough to be able to go without rest, sleep, time off the road. The nation doesn't need gas so badly that it can't let the tanker truckers get their rest in order to drive safely to protect themselves and the rest of us on the road.

Then you add in the subpar trucking outfits running rigs with bad tires, or overloaded trucks, or trucks in need of repair, or bad driving records even some caught here with lots of dui's, and you end up with even more dangers on the road for us all. :wacko:

Gas was $2.81 at one nearby station, our station usually.

The lowest I saw in our trip to get gutters for the porch yesterday was $2.63...but maybe they hadn't bothered to change their sign as I didn't see many cars there. We don't like their gas, or rather our Justy sputters about it. We want to keep her happy :rolleyes: so we go elsewhere.

Pat.

God bless everyone.