Gas Price Talk Radio

well i still think that there is some super diabolical plan to control something but for now i'm very pleasantly surprised.

good job gas companies. Christmas gas prices have been rather bearable.

yeah you herd me. i actually said good job to them and no there's no gun to my head of lower region. i think. maybe there's controlling my mind to only make me think that they prices are low.

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I saw gas at $1.89 at one nearby station today, and $1.99 at the one across the street from that one.

I think they are waiting till good weather to hike the prices sky high again.

As for heating oil, I understand it is out of sight price-wise.

And our PGE electric company, part of the Enron mess, has a coal fired plant (their cheapest plant) offline since Oct and another couple of months to go to fix a bad turbine. So will be asking PUC for a rate hike. Funny how I never see them ask for a rate decrease. And of course they (parent company Enron with help from some PGE folks) were infamous for all the phony baloney West Coast electricity 'shortages' that were arranged by them flipping the futures prices over the moon illegally a couple of years ago or so. Also stole the workers pensions too by selling them a bill of goods of how well the company was doing just before bankruptcy...yeah company going good at the top of it for all the execs stealing from everyone!

And the NW Natural Gas company got their rate increase approved awhile back.

And the cost of wood has gone up, over $200 a cord now (and she was short-corded on last load) according to my neighbor.

So bad news for heating your home in this neck of the woods, elsewhere too. Plus it was at least 30 straight days/nights of below normal temperatures here until this week. So high bills coming to everyone. Sure glad we bought those electric lap robes last month. They really helped us stay warm, so I could use the electric wall heaters instead of wood stove (hard for me to feed it without hurting neck/back and bad to breathe smoke...plus areas not in the east wind were under air stagnation temperature inversion smog pollution most of that time so told not to use wood unless absolutely necessary.

So everything is high except gasoline now though I am sure it will be climbing soon. And yes it is still a lot higher than a year ago.

The prices of things at the grocery store are starting to creep up to cover the added delivery fuel costs.

Oh before I forget it, there was a very good, though scary, long article in U.S. News recently about the mostly unreported winter fuel crisis in this country.

US News article The Big Chill

Stay warm folks.

Pat.

Merry Christmas and Happy Healthy Prosperous New Year to all.

God bless everyone.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Local news did a short story on gasoline prices: "They're inching upward due to the price of crude, which is determined on the world spot market which means there's very little that can we can do about it, and because the refineries damaged by Katrina aren't yet fully operational."

Translation: "We can and will stick it to ya! Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!" :lol:

• 4 months later...

anybody else uses e85

I haven't found a gas station around here that has converted/added e85, yet.

i heard that miejers will be getting it in the future but i got mine at bob and kays in kalamazoo

anybody else uses e85

I haven't found a gas station around here that has converted/added e85, yet.

i heard that miejers will be getting it in the future but i got mine at bob and kays in kalamazoo

We don't have any of those stations around here. WV is very slow to adopt anything new. Around here, we'd be running coal powered cars if the manufacturers would let us :P

What's the price per gallon for e85 as opposed to regular 87?

I don't usually pay much attention to gas prices, I use what I have to use and I pay what I have to pay. What can I do? Whine?

But ... I was filling up, without having even glanced at the price (as usual), when I DID happen to glance at what I was paying: $3.19. Okay, enough with the casual attitude about prices, that's high! :)

And it's said to be going over $4.00 soon.

Re: ethanol, where I am I haven't seen a pump that wasn't ("up to") 10% ethanol in years.

$2.85-2.89here. My idiot friend finally got a car. The moron gets a 67 Mustang 289. First off it's a project car anyway, second off it'll guzzle gas when he gets it running again anyway. Because of the cash he dropped on it he'll have to get a $500 Tercel to actually get anywhere.

$2.96 here ,down from $3.00 10 days ago

glad my corolla gives great gas mileage, got almost 38 mpg when I drove to NC two weeks ago. average 30 araound town, and this car has 229000 miles on it

That's it, I'm moving South! Been $3.19 up here, too. AND couple that with twice a day coffee and ice trips for the past four days because the power's been out, I've been waving "bye-bye to the paycheck"

Liz