Cyber Monday

I long since reached the conclusion that if they say I must buy now, must make up my mind today; well I will not be rushed and will take my business elsewhere. I like doing my research , comparing prices , and thinking twice whether or not I really need it.

I did take advantage of a buy one get one free with 99 cent shipping to reorder some nutritional supplements I regularly take. But I am not going to rush to a store to stand in line to find that they only had three of the advertised specials in stock and no rain checks. Same with "cyber" deals, seen too many times where I get there to order it and it turns out they only had one or two at that price and are out of stock when I reach the checkout page and it is hell canceling the other items I had bought while I was there.

My old digital camera died. One of the copper tabs inside the battery box snapped off, no more power. Possibly I may fix it some day, but for now I just took advantage of sale prices and bought a new 15Megapixel with 15x optical zoom.

So far I just set it to the full automatic mode where it chooses the aperture, iso, f stop, lighting and scene settings and I just zoom in or out , press the autofocus and click away. Starts up nice and fast and takes the pics faster than the old one did. Has lots of neat features (face recognition, smile recognition and can take a pic automatically when it detects a smile, blink recognition to delay the photo if it detects the subject closing their eyes, lots of stuff I will have to read up on and experiment with). So far, I am very pleased. takes great pictures.