Hi everyone, I am hoping someone can make sense of this . I know there is something on my computer, but spybot and CA Security center and CounterSpy all fail to find anything wrong. IE will not close when I click the x or right click to close or anything, it just dings at me when I press the exit button. I have to open task manager every single time to close IE now. Also, the opened tabs will not close. And some other funny stuff has been happening. What should I do?

Oh, the tab key no longer works to switch fields when fillings out forms online. None of this ever happened a couple weeks ago, but since then it has.

Thank you for your time.

And, I would like to note that I did try to revert back to an earlier date, but the Window's restore was shut off and no backups were saved. I know I didn't shut off the window's backup. Maybe since i am on a laptop it will not save backups, it does keep telling me to insert a CD/USB now when I go to the system restore page. Anyway, I can't simply restore Windows.

Kilitan

Edited by Kilitan

Hi everyone, I am hoping someone can make sense of this . I know there is something on my computer, but spybot and CA Security center and CounterSpy all fail to find anything wrong. IE will not close when I click the x or right click to close or anything, it just dings at me when I press the exit button. I have to open task manager every single time to close IE now. Also, the opened tabs will not close. And some other funny stuff has been happening. What should I do?

Oh, the tab key no longer works to switch fields when fillings out forms online. None of this ever happened a couple weeks ago, but since then it has.

Thank you for your time.

Kilitan

Have you tried rebooting the PC? Try that first. Did you install anything new before this happened?

Edited by lefty1953