Blue Screen and notepad files

I'm running an Alienware M17x, and I had been working on a couple of unsaved notepad files recently that were pretty big. Probably should've saved them, but I didn't, and instead I'd just set my computer to Hibernate when I was done working. Anyways, I took it out of Hibernate today and decided to run Crysis to take a break for a short while (I had multiple IE tabs and windows open as well as my notepad docs, all from before hibernation if that makes a difference) and I got BSOD'd. Is there ANY possible way I can recover those notepad files? Temp folders or anything?? I'm on Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit with an SSD.

Also, I'm not sure if this would work or not cause I'm relatively inexperienced with this, but would it be possible to trick the computer into resuming the old hibernation state from yesterday/this morning? Because then I'd have everything back again...It's worth a shot right?

Edited by Brigadier

I'm running an Alienware M17x, and I had been working on a couple of unsaved notepad files recently that were pretty big. Probably should've saved them, but I didn't, and instead I'd just set my computer to Hibernate when I was done working. Anyways, I took it out of Hibernate today and decided to run Crysis to take a break for a short while (I had multiple IE tabs and windows open as well as my notepad docs, all from before hibernation if that makes a difference) and I got BSOD'd. Is there ANY possible way I can recover those notepad files? Temp folders or anything?? I'm on Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit with an SSD.

Also, I'm not sure if this would work or not cause I'm relatively inexperienced with this, but would it be possible to trick the computer into resuming the old hibernation state from yesterday/this morning? Because then I'd have everything back again...It's worth a shot right?

I have found that using Hibernation is not good no matter what windows you have. As far as recovering something that wasn't saved I would say no it isn't possible.NO way to recover from a Hibernation and BSOD.

Well isn't the old Hibernation state still saved in a hibernation file or something? If i resumed that file wouldn't all my work return? How would I possibly boot back into that old Hibernation file? I assume my data is still in the hiberfil.sys file, so shouldn't I still be able to retrieve that somehow? If not by forcing it to resume directly from that file, by somehow reading the file? Though booting from it would be ultimately more preferable because I had other programs open at the time, as well.

Edited by Brigadier

Well isn't the old Hibernation state still saved in a hibernation file or something? If i resumed that file wouldn't all my work return? How would I possibly boot back into that old Hibernation file? I assume my data is still in the hiberfil.sys file, so shouldn't I still be able to retrieve that somehow? If not by forcing it to resume directly from that file, by somehow reading the file? Though booting from it would be ultimately more preferable because I had other programs open at the time, as well.

So you found such file on your PC? I am almost positive you can not run that file or you would have done so by now. All you can do is try to run it. Reboot and go into command system and try to run it.

How would I go about trying to boot from that hiberfil through? I mean it stands to reason that since it resumed from it once and it's still there I should be able to do it again...

You can NOT boot from it. Just able to open the file with say Notepad.

What if I shut my computer off, and booted it through a CD or a memory key or something like that, copied the hiberfil.sys file to another location, say on the memory key or something, turned it back on and hibernated it, and while it was hibernated I went into my computer again and replaced the hiberfil.sys with the original one and turned it back on- Would something like that work?

What if I shut my computer off, and booted it through a CD or a memory key or something like that, copied the hiberfil.sys file to another location, say on the memory key or something, turned it back on and hibernated it, and while it was hibernated I went into my computer again and replaced the hiberfil.sys with the original one and turned it back on- Would something like that work?

No. Your just going to have to redo those notepad files you lost.