The Screensavers

dont see a thread like this around which is kind of puzzling but here goes lol

plz dont turn this into a spam thread by saying g4 sux n all that cause everyone's heard enough of it

just wondering what your thoughts were on the new show

-i thought i could have done without the cooking with yoshi segment

-not enough calls

-not enough tech

-is it just me or since it is the first show shouldnt they have tried to make a good impression?

just my 2 cents for the day

I watched about 20 - 30 minutes of two shows. the "kid" interviewing Mike Mignola (creator of the "Hellboy) seemed kinda off balance, there was no "flow" in the interview.

just first impression.

M

Your right, except I kinda think there was no flow to the whole show. Also this new co host just seems a little too goofy and not knowledgeable enough. Maybe it's just me or I just need to wram up to the new guy. Cause I really liked the episode with martin co hosting just before they went to LA.

For now I'll keep watching and hope for the best. :D

Yeah I felt the same way when Leo left. i've been watching on and off now. and again when Pat left.

More than anything else it's like the show has no personality and i want to shout out "where has all the tech gone?" They don't go into as much detail as they used to. Now everything on the show feels more like a commercial for products. I personally liked it when they went into some detail about how certain tech worked instead of saying "wow these are really great speakers." I know they didn't do it much but I think it helped the feel of the show. Now everything is a little snipet like they are trying to cram in as mush as they can.

Yeah I felt the same way when Leo left. i've been watching on and off now. and again when Pat left.

More than anything else it's like the show has no personality and i want to shout out "where has all the tech gone?" They don't go into as much detail as they used to. Now everything on the show feels more like a commercial for products. I personally liked it when they went into some detail about how certain tech worked instead of saying "wow these are really great speakers." I know they didn't do it much but I think it helped the feel of the show. Now everything is a little snipet like they are trying to cram in as mush as they can.

I haven't watched the show very much since Pat has left. I also like it when they go into some depth about gadgets or software. I like Yoshi's segments.

I think what we see is what we get and that isn't much. I missed the first show, but from what I have read they got off on the wrong foot. From what I have seen so far, I'm not impressed. I see Kevin & Sarah still act like a couple of teenagers. It's cool there dating and what ever else and that's cool to. But does it have to be on camera as well. I thought that stuff was behind us but I see it's not so, that should tell us something. Seems to me there is little if no content to speak of. I'm opened minded, so I'll give em another week Lol.

Seriously though, if this is all it's going to be and it gets no better then this. Their done. I realize it's all new. Meaning the move, new set, new people etc, etc, etc. Tyme only knows. ;)

"Cooking With Yoshi"?!?!?!?!

*sigh* that just makes me feel ill....

lighten up, he could cook a decent meal if he had dual processors, ooohhh tri, or quad. Mobo manufactures take notice. We need more processors for the thanksgiving turkey.

M

I have not watched the show in such a long time. I used to watch(CFH or SS) the shows and if I missed it I would watch it in the morning, don't think they still repeat it. Honestly, I really did enjoy both shows quite a bit, but now I have forgotten they exist and the channel. Pretty sad I think, I'm sure they lost alot of loyal viewers with all the transitions and growing pains the show has exhibited. I will make a note to watch the new show today (repeat?) and will add my thoughts.

I'm glad folks aren't being nasty about this subject, because I almost posted it last week and was afraid it might turn into a mess like it did over on the G4TTV boards. Heheheh...I should have had more faith that the folks over here were more mature. :P

I am not overly-impressed with the new show, but at the same time I don't think it's as bad as many of the posters over at the "other board" do. I think it has had some good moments, but overall things haven't been as high-quality as when Pat & Leo were doing the show. When Leo left and Kevin took over, I felt the tech content of the show took a hit. They don't show as many practical things now - more "flashy" type content like How to make your XBox hack into the CIA Database and order Pizza.......remotely. Yeah...not gonna use that tip. Just think it took a turn for the silly. But, as I said, I don't think it's a lot worse in the new studio with Alex. I reserve judgement as final until he's been there for a few weeks. Give the guy a fair shake, and all.

If your comfortable to one standard and that standard gets changed...well it's not the same feel.

Also what is their target audience age? Not target audience's mentality.

I would say it is a generally younger audience than TSS & CFH had @ TTV. One that has money to spend one sponsers products.

Hopefully they could polish the "kids" into host/co-host that the pre G4 audience will tune into.

M