I did a sytem restore, cause of the fact the tabs on the bottom were empty (never let a teen on your screen as administrator on a new pc). Anyway, ever since then, FF won't open, and I can't uninstall it. I tried safe mode, that didn't work either. I found a couple of links online, but they are broken. I did a search here, and didn't find the topic.

Thanks!

Edited by CsrLiz344

I did a sytem restore, cause of the fact the tabs on the bottom were empty (never let a teen on your screen as administrator on a new pc). Anyway, ever since then, FF won't open, and I can't uninstall it. I tried safe mode, that didn't work either. I found a couple of links online, but they are broken. I did a search here, and didn't find the topic.

Thanks!

Sometimes you can download a bad file or there is an error while downloading. Try downloading it again and make sure your on Mozilla's web site when you do.

Thanks!

Sometimes you can download a bad file or there is an error while downloading. Try downloading it again and make sure your on Mozilla's web site when you do.

Well, I tried that, and it still wouldn't open. So, I figured I would try to d/l an older version from oldversion.com. Went with 3.5, and it works. Good enough....Thanks!

Edited by CsrLiz344

Hi Liz:

It is always a good Idea to try to reinstall Firefox by downloading it again IF something gets borked - I had to do that a couple times myself to fix a couple problems, especially if the installer won't allow you to uninstall because something is no longer there - Good to fix it enough to make sure you get it all uninstalled - Only problem I've had is when you are on a slow machine and you are trying to fix the uninstaller by installing it again - sometimes it can be slow - Good Luck!!

Brian

Edited by baker7

Thanks!

SYSTEM RESTORE is NOT a cure all. You should ask for help and use SR as a last resort.

Edited by MrBill

Hi Liz:

It is always a good Idea to try to reinstall Firefox by downloading it again IF something gets borked - I had to do that a couple times myself to fix a couple problems, especially if the installer won't allow you to uninstall because something is no longer there - Good to fix it enough to make sure you get it all uninstalled - Only problem I've had is when you are on a slow machine and you are trying to fix the uninstaller by installing it again - sometimes it can be slow - Good Luck!!

Brian

Yea, slow machines can be a pain. I just bought this new one, so slowness in the machine isn't the problem (tho my internet connection is).

Hi Liz:

Brian

Yea, slow machines can be a pain. I just bought this new one, so slowness in the machine isn't the problem (tho my internet connection is).

Oh, That reminds me, I should check my website to make sure I have the latest version for download :) How fast is your connection???

Brian