Important Information About Spybot S&d 1.3!

Hey, just a heads up! I was going through all my settings in the "advanced" mode of Spybot S&D when I noticed in "Ignore Products" --> "All Products" tab, that some items under there were checked as default to ignore. These were malicious items such as the infamous "SearchForIt" toolbar. I unchecked all the items that spybot was being told to ignore and rescanned. This fresh scan found several more items that needed to be deleted immediately.

No, these items were not under the "Install/Uninstall Programs." I also go through that regularly to make sure nothing has made it's way in without my knowledge.

Thanks for the info, NereldaI'm going to check that out right now.

EDIT

Mine was OK.

About a week ago, I was checking for updates, and noticed Spywareblaster had 1 item with protection disabled. re-enabled it and did some scans.

Norton found 1 trojan and quarantined it (couldn't fix it) Trojan.Byte Verify

Spybot found a couple of problems, too

Next day checked Spywareblaster, again, same problem.

Did all of my scans again, and a Panda online scan.

Norton found the same problem.

Panda online found three problems, and fixed them.

Problems solved.

I guess it might be a good idea to keep an eye on these entries in Spybot, Ad-aware, and Spywareblaster, from now on.

Damn, this is a never ending battle!

thanks from me as well. i just went through the spybot on both my pc's, and i'll be darned at what i found. i wonder why they did this though?

thanks "Nerelda"

antonio/ aka/ pro1driver

hey, how come the size,font,color ain't working?

Edit your reply and close it out with for [/] for font, size and color

Let's see if that works.

Hey, just a heads up! I was going through all my settings in the "advanced" mode of Spybot S&D when I noticed in "Ignore Products" --> "All Products" tab, that some items under there were checked as default to ignore. These were malicious items such as the infamous "SearchForIt" toolbar. I unchecked all the items that spybot was being told to ignore and rescanned. This fresh scan found several more items that needed to be deleted immediately.

No, these items were not under the "Install/Uninstall Programs." I also go through that regularly to make sure nothing has made it's way in without my knowledge.

Learned about that awhile ago, but it's nice to see others reminded about it.

Thanks Neralda. I never would've thought to do this.

I went and did what you suggested and this is what I found:

LSP New Net

New Net

My Search

Side Step

Obviously I have deleted them. Did a google search for these items and it seems others have the same thing.

I don't know what I would do without the good people here keeping us all informed. I learn something here almost every day.

Thanks again.

Barb :lol:

Thanks for the info, NereldaI'm going to check that out right now.

EDIT

Mine was OK.

About a week ago, I was checking for updates, and noticed Spywareblaster had 1 item with protection disabled. re-enabled it and did some scans.

Norton found 1 trojan and quarantined it (couldn't fix it) Trojan.Byte Verify

Spybot found a couple of problems, too

Next day checked Spywareblaster, again, same problem.

Did all of my scans again, and a Panda online scan.

Norton found the same problem.

Panda online found three problems, and fixed them.

Problems solved.

I guess it might be a good idea to keep an eye on these entries in Spybot, Ad-aware, and Spywareblaster, from now on.

Damn, this is a never ending battle!

Thanks tg1911 for the info on Spywareblaster.

Went and checked it out and found IE had 1 item disabled. It was "search for it toolbar" IE activex type. Enabled it. Have not done a scan yet. Will do so after I get thru here.

Thank you so much.

Barb :lol:

Yes, I found out about this a good while ago as well, but didn't really think to post it until I had to deal with it on my bf's comp, then I realized there may be a lot more people who still don't know about it. Glad I could help.

Thanks for the information on spyware blaster as well. Just checked mine, and saw I had the same thing disabled. I went in and enabled protection for it.