Can a printer throw off your Router?

I recently moved my Router next to my printer and have had my Router disconnect whenever the printer is on. Maybe once with it off but when it is on I have to unplug and plug the Router in several times in one night of use. Is it possible the printer does this? It is a Lexmark X5070 All in One with USB cable. The fax line is not hooked up and I have a DSL modem.

After going most of the day with no problems I went out and bought a new router. All day was fine and I even plugged the old router into another wall outlet and when I turned my back for a minute the router disconnected again. I will try the new router out for a while and hopefully it will be fine. If I have the same problems with it I guess the next step is to contact the ISP. Oh and the printer wasn't on all day either so I just don't know. This is the 2nd Linksys Router I owned and the 2nd one that went bad. First one just wouldn't work at all anymore.

It may have been the power adapter. I have a 2Wire router supplied by my ISP. It was acting up then finally wouldn't connect at all. The service tech came over and gave me a new power adapter and told me not to plug it in my UPS or in a power strip.

Well after buying a new Router I found out it still did the same thing. So I moved the new router back onto my desk away from the Printer and haven't had a problem since. I guess that printer must throw out some serious interference.The router is about 18 inches from the PC and 8" away from a speaker and now problems.

Oh and I also plugged the new router in with an extension cord to another outlet. But the printer would still throw it out even when the printer was off.

My Cell phone causes the speakers to make noises when I put it on my desk also.

• 1 month later...

Oh and I also plugged the new router in with an extension cord to another outlet. But the printer would still throw it out even when the printer was off.

So I moved the new router back onto my desk away from the Printer and haven't had a problem since

My Cell phone causes the speakers to make noises when I put it on my desk also.

Hi, nice you found the answer, it's called RFI (Radio Frequency Interference), hope others will learn from your experience.

No need to explain why it happens other than overdrive of the front end (1st) stage tank circuit/oscillator, a lifetime story otherwise.

Lexmark X5070 fails with interference suppression, distance is/was the answer...

Marsh