Hijack This Log Team?

did most of the hijack this log team get trained at tomcoyotes? Is it tough to be accepted to get trained there? I would really like to learn how to anlayize logs, do you have any suggestions on getting accepted to tomcoyotes course?

Hi shanenin

Either Tom Coyotes or SpywareInfo, either one is good but I can get you into TC's faster if you like.

If you are truly interested in this and are ready to commit some serious time and effort, I'll recommend your entry to Tom or Gal over at TC's.

This is a very noble effort and I applaud all who take the time to learn how to help others fix their problems. Spyware has become so complex these days, that it takes a dedicated team of professionals, many days to find and prepare solutions to the infestations.

To learn how to properly analyze HJT logs takes a commitment from you to attend class and take an active role in reading practice logs before you're allowed to analyze any real logs for people. An untrained person can very easily turn an infected computer into a doorstop if improper advice is given, so they frown upon folks trying to offer advice before they're ready.

If you're willing to make this commitment, post your reply here and I'll get you the links for class admissions, and put in my recommendation for your acceptance.

I would greatly appreciate your recommendation, I am willing to make a commitment :-)

at tomcoyotes.org I have a user account, but have not yet made a request for classroom training. Should I do that before you recommend me?

http://forums.tomcoyote.org/index.php?showtopic=1421

My user name is the same at tomcoyotes.org

I would greatly appreciate your recommendation, I am willing to make a commitment :-)

at tomcoyotes.org I have a user account, but have not yet made a request for classroom training. Should I do that before you recommend me?

http://forums.tomcoyote.org/index.php?showtopic=1421

My user name is the same at tomcoyotes.org

If you're already a member with an account, you'll be admitted immediately without any recommendations from me.

Good Luck shanenin, and study hard!!

Chappy is right,

It will take hard work and dedication, I have been a member at SWI / boot camp for sometime now and still haven't even tested (scared I guess). Just when you think you have a handle on somethings, the CREEPS come out with something new or some variant. It is an neverending battle. Come and join the fight. It is very rewarding to assist others and get them back up and running.

Note: Chappy if I recall you helped me get in at SWI. Thanks, now all I do is spend hours upon hours fighting malware. I thought this internet thing was suppose to be fun. Seems like alot of work.....:P:angry::);)

If you're already a member with an account, you'll be admitted immediately without any recommendations from me.

then why would I need a recommendation if they admit everyone :confused: , I was under the impression they could not take everyone who wanted to enter the classroom. I don't think I am fully following you. I just have a forum membership, is that what you mean?

edit added later//

I sent them an application email to [email protected] . I got an automatic response saying they would contact me in a few weeks. Does that mean I may or may not get accepted?

Edited by shanenin

then why would I need a recommendation if they admit everyone :confused: , I was under the impression they could not take everyone who wanted to enter the classroom. I don't think I am fully following you. I just have a forum membership, is that what you mean?

edit added later//

I sent them an application email to [email protected] . I got an automatic response saying they would contact me in a few weeks. Does that mean I may or may not get accepted?

they'll most probably accept you (if you said you were a part of Besttechie) but is just takes A LONG TIME. I mean, it took me more than a month to get accepted, but i guess you could amuse yourself with a few tutorials and other things to help you...

i too have been in COYOTE classes for quite a while. its easy for me to find the spys & trojans but the tough part is recommending the right program to remove problems & in which order they should be removed, but its real interesting to me . some day ill be a WARRIOR !!!!! jsut take things slowly & study a lot of practice logs to watch how the experts do it !!! gl in class

Well, I think you present and future WARRIORS are absolute Godsends!! Thank you so much for volunteering your expertise--you folks truly represent an unselfish labor of love.

Liz

edit added later//

Hi shanenin

What I meant here my friend, is that since you're a member with TC already, you'll probably be accepted on the merits of any posts you have with them, and not need a recomendation from me as if you were a complete unknown to them.

They will go thru your posting history for sure to see what kind of person you seem to be, and if you let them know in your classroom submission that you're also here at BT's, I'm sure you'll be accepted no prob.

If you wish you can also use me as a referrence.

I'm not sure how busy or full their classes are right now so if it seems to take more time to hear back from them than you think it should, PM me and I'll see what I can do.

This is a very noble effort and I applaud all who take the time to learn how to help others fix their problems. Spyware has become so complex these days, that it takes a dedicated team of professionals, many days to find and prepare solutions to the infestations.

To learn how to properly analyze HJT logs takes a commitment from you to attend class and take an active role in reading practice logs before you're allowed to analyze any real logs for people. An untrained person can very easily turn an infected computer into a doorstop if improper advice is given, so they frown upon folks trying to offer advice before they're ready.

If you're willing to make this commitment, post your reply here and I'll get you the links for class admissions, and put in my recommendation for your acceptance.

Chappy makes it sound like some sort of secret ninja school. be for warned though. if you fail you may have to commit ritual suicide by way so stabbing your self to death with your own HJT log. :ph34r::P

Hi shanenin. Just so you know, not everyone is accepted into the classroom at TC. It is a multi-level screening that every candidate must pass to get into the classroom, and as stated earlier it takes time. In fact, that is why I am here, to check you out.

From what I see, I will give you a pass through the first screening phase. After that, additional checks will be made but I do not see any problems and you should be hearing from them within a week to 10 days regarding your status.

Good luck and keep up the good work.

Cheers.

OT B)