Where To Get Hijackthis

1. Download HijackThis 1.99.1 from here

2. Save it to a permanent folder such as c:\HijackThis. Saving it to a temp folder will delete any backups the program makes, and saving it to your desktop, will clutter your desktop with all the backups it makes.

3. Run the program and select "Do a system scan only".

4. Once its completed, select "save log" in the bottom left. Save it to somewhere like your desktop for now.

5. A notepad window should open, with your newly created log in it. Copy all of it, then paste it into the forums...

Also, this is my first post, so i would just like to introduce myself, and tell everyone that I am currently in training at SWI (and hopefully Coyote within the next week), and can't wait to help analyzing logs here. :)

Brett

Thanks for the answer. Now I have another problem. I am using my back up pc to communicate to you guys. But I cannot get to the internet on my main work pc . McAffee virus scan indicated that I have infected files, explorer.exe and kernel32.dll. They cannot be removed nor deleted by it. Any idea what I should do?

I would download programs like adaware, spybot search and destroy, a squared, and spywareblaster, and save them to a CD, then run them on your work computer.

After you run all of the scans, save HijackThis to the CD, and bring it to your work PC, and save it to it's own personal folder (like said in my above post ). Run HijackThi on your work PC (as mentioned in above post), then when the notepad document comes up, save it to the CD, bring it back home, and post a reply to this thread with the HijackThis log in it.

This might be a little confusing, so don't hesitate to ask questions...

Brett

Hello brett5150,

If you would like to become part of the HijackThis Team, please PM Besttechie,

giving him your credentials, etc.

For now you are NOT authorized to post to HijackThis logs.

Thank you,

dk

Hi,

McAffee virus scan indicated that I have infected files, explorer.exe and kernel32.dll. They cannot be removed nor deleted by it. Any idea what I should do?

Is there anyway to get HijackThis onto your home computer???

This may be a serious infection, so if Mcafee asks you to delete explorer.exe or kernel32.dll DO NOT DO SO. This may cause your computer to take serious damage.

Please scan with HijackThis, and try to transfer a log using a CD, or floppy onto your backup computer, and post it here. We may need to do alot of transfering, so please be aware of that.

Thanks,

dk