Digital Imaging

How about a section for "Digital" imaging? Not my original idea, but saw it at Worldstart forums.

It is mostly a fun section where people upload their pictures that they have taken, and show them in forum.

They sometimes set up a topic for the week. Like "sunsets" or "sunrise" or whatever you want. I have seen some beautiful pitures there. A place where you can ask & answer questions on how to use a digital camera, scanner etc. How to D/L and upload pictures.

Just a thought. What do you think?

This is where Tyme Kyller could send us some of his pictures from Canada. They were beautiful. How about some pictures from different parts of the world from people here?

Barb :D

I think that's a really neat idea! I'd love to see the different photos everyone could share!

I do have one suggestion for it though, and I think it would be a MUST. If we were to have this section, then I believe we would also need to have a sticky with important information such as rules about the pictures. (types of images, size limit, etc.)

Just a thought......I think if we did get this section, we should just host the images on our own free image hosting site accounts, instead of uploading them here. Uploading the images here would not only take up a lot of space on the server, but could also hog much of the bandwidth, causing the forums to be as slow as it is over at G4 sometimes.

When I mentioned earlier about having a sticky with such information as rules about the pictures. (types of images, size limit, etc.)...

By types of images, I meant the general guidelines like no nudity, inapporopriate content, and language.

By size limit, of course I mentioned this so that someone wouldn't be posting an image that is as excessive such as being 1024*945 or something, and of course no images that are 400k.....this also helps keep the boards running fast and as smooth as possible for our dial-up users.

I also think that in the sticky, should be included links to places to host their images, "how to's" for resizing images, posting them on the forums, etc.

Just some things that should be considered by all who would want to have this particular area to post.

Just a thought......I think if we did get this section, we should just host the images on our own free image hosting site accounts, instead of uploading them here. Uploading the images here would not only take up a lot of space on the server, but could also hog much of the bandwidth, causing the forums to be as slow as it is over at G4 sometimes.

When I mentioned earlier about having a sticky with such information as rules about the pictures. (types of images, size limit, etc.)...

By types of images, I meant the general guidelines like no nudity, inapporopriate content, and language.

By size limit, of course I mentioned this so that someone wouldn't be posting an image that is as excessive such as being 1024*945 or something, and of course no images that are 400k.....this also helps keep the boards running fast and as smooth as possible for our dial-up users.

I also think that in the sticky, should be included links to places to host their images, "how to's" for resizing images, posting them on the forums, etc.

Just some things that should be considered by all who would want to have this particular area to post.

Great idea Neralda. Whatever the guide lines necessary. I just thought it would be a fun idea to see a lot of pictures from different parts of the country and world, that we could share. Do not want to slow up boards either, as I have dial up, and it doesn't take much to slow it down.

I for one wanted to learn about uploading pictures to Photobucket , and another one I think is Webshots. I just learned how to upload a few, but don't know how to download from there. Have not got that far yet.

Like I said previously, I saw this at Worldstart, and thought wouldn't that be nice to have here if possible. The pictures I saw over there are not big and load quite fast.

I don't know enough what the guide lines should be for size. I'm just learning it myself. Just thought I would throw out the idea and see what happens.

Barb :lol: