You would think these 2 Microsoft items would work well together. I bought my wife a new PC last year with Windows 7 on it and then I bought myself one this year. After a short time of using IE8 my PC started to lock up all the time as did my wife's. The screens just freezes and after about 10 seconds would start working again.

I kept thinking my router was flaky and or the internet service. I had made 2 calls to the ISP in the last few days after a hard rain and power outage. They had to reset my modem to get it to work again. My on-line banking wouldn't accept my passwords two times as well and had to have them reset twice.

Today I switched to Mozilla and all is well. Not a single problem.

One other thing I might mention, I uninstalled IE8 once and then reinstalled it and it made no difference. The IE8 64 Bit version doesn't work on my wife's Farm-ville Face-book crap so she can't use that either.

Why would they come out with Windows 7 and it not work with IE8? Are they going backwards again? Ohh I feel better.

Did you try to use the IE8 32-bit version? I believe IE8 64-bit doesn't support Flash and ActiveX..

I have Windows 7 64-bit and need to use Internet Explorer 32-bit

Yes this is using the 32 bit version. I even tried the 64 bit version and the same thing happens. Both my wife's and mine lock up, It might have something to do with a Dell program installed, I'm just not sure. My daughter is over visiting and tried to use my Computer. Turn around and asked me what is wrong with your internet. I told her don't use IE. I might try disabling the Dell programs and give it a try. Have you ever seen the Dell Dock program? It is like a task bar at the top of the Desktop. Might be that. It is accessible all the time and can at times overlay IE or anything else you have loaded.( Always on top).

Looks like it is one of the Dell Programs that starts up. I used CodeStuff starter and removed the Dell Support Program and IE8 Runs ok now. Thing is Firefox and Chrome are both much faster so I will stick with them. Chrome I haven't messed with and don't really see any nice things about it. Just a plain Jane(sorry to all you Jane's)Browser.