Browser Hijacks..i Got Rid Of Them

i had these hijacks...desktophijack/spy.html.smit fraud.c/bloodhound.w32.EP/zloader.exe/letgosearch/here4search/letgohome/and many others i suppose...i downloaded these free programs and ran each one in safe mode and in regular windows mode..hijackthis/cwshredder/aboutbuster/spywareblaster/adaware/killbox/im not sure which one got rid of these spyware programs but 1 or all did...i also run yahoo toolbar with anti spy and pop up blocker enabled whenever surfing..i think most of these programs came from those ps2 cheat code sites..thats where my son searches and everytime he does i get a virus or home page hijack..i also run nortons and now have my windows xp firewall running all the time..it took me many hours to get rid of this crap so be patient..i hope this works for you..

Hi Rocket,

Welcome!!! Glad you got things fixed. Thank God my son "outgrew" the need for cheat codes--he used to look them up before playing any new game, luckily this was before so many nasties lived on the net (or we were just lucky), and he FINALLY got it through his thick skull that the games are more fun without them.

And like Jeff said, it sure wouldn't hurt to submit a log--if the experts say your log is clean it would be piece of mind (and you can tell Son, "Now don't dirty it up again, Mister!!" ;) ) Oh, and introduce him to the arcades here, and look forward to hearing more from you--stop by Open Chat Forum when the tech makes your brain hurt :)

Liz

Hi Barb,

I didn't know any preventative gadget existed---with all the trouble folks have been having, especially with about:blank, this sounds great!!! I'm going to get that when Son is home (he can translate techwords, so he's my partner)

I took a quick look around here and didn't find Browser Hijack Blaster on any lists or stickies--

"HEY JEFF CAN THIS BE ADDED SOMEWHERE??" Yes, I am shouting :)

Thanks!

Liz

Hey Liz:

I forgot where I got "Browser Hijack Blaster". I have had it for a long time. I'm sure I got it when TTV CFH board was up and running.

There is a great list at G4 (sticky) "Commonly Recommended Software etc" by alsocom, original author (jdlech) Here is link:

Commonly Recommended Software (G4)

It would be nice if we could get permission to post it here as a sticky from author.

Barb B)