Are You A Nerd?

Some of us have nice cars, hot wives, hot girlfriends,hot dates etc. Nice pads, a lot of good

friends, or even are considered hip. But lets face it, deep down inside we are all nerds.

Some more than others, but still we have a nerd living inside us.

You know your a nerd when:

You laugh at people still using 56K modems.

=p doesn't mean equal P .

You know more people online than in person.

You tuck a tshirt or an undershirt into your underwear.

Your going to the relase of Star Wars.

You can name 3 or mor star trek characters.

post your score here Nerd or Not

I got a 35

Ok, I guess artists just can't work the left side of the brain.

I'm worse than Macmarauder's opposite--he is Supreme and I'm the ant he steps on---I even cheated on the IP address question (I know my email address, so.. check yes :) ) betcha they wanted the numbers, huh? Wish they gave the answers (so what is Mn?)

Sigh.....5%.....I flunked. You can laugh, I don't mind :)

Liz

noooo, robroy beat me!!!! hey, its only 2 percentile! i'll get you later!

And, by the way blim, Mn is manganese, a transition metal from the periodic table, atomic number 25....Yeah, i took chemistry this year (8th grade chem, but i'm in an accelerated class, so she taught a lot).

26% scored higher (more nerdy), and

74% scored lower (less nerdy).

What does this mean? Your nerdiness is:

Mid-Level Nerd. Wow, it takes a lot of hard nerdy practice to reach this level.

So what can i say...I have skills in all things to know

Well, I guessed right on Mn--that was probably the only question I got right :lol:

I took a pottery class in which we had to formulate our own glazes--ended up getting a friend to tutor me (couldn't bear not getting an A in an art class) , he got soooo frustrated, "LIZ this is BASIC Chemistry--why can't you get this?!?!" My favorite technique ended up being saltglaze--where you put the pots in the kiln and throw salt on them--Noooo Chemistry involved! :)

Liz

(hands over royal scepter to hitest)

i bow to you oh great and wise king

(mutters under breath)

RRRRR beat me by one point

LOL, you crack me up macmarauder :lol::lol:

I'm not certain if these high scores are cause for celebration :blink:

Yep, I'd say we're nerds.

Speaking of nerdy things. Here's an article I found about something we all do. I found the link to this article at /.

The worst foods to eat over a keyboard

Becky Roberts, TechRepublic

May 09, 2005

URL: http://www.zdnet.com.au/jobs/resources/0,2...39191112,00.htm

TechRepublic

We all do it, even though we know we probably shouldn’t.

Whether it’s merely snacking to help pass the time or voraciously devouring lunch while trying to restore the CEO’s files we inadvertently deleted, we all eat at our keyboard. On any given day, my keyboard is assaulted with fragments of chocolate, drops of coffee, blobs of spaghetti sauce, and those long, stringy things that fall off bananas.

During a recent keyboard degunking attempt, I found myself musing on what would constitute the absolute worst foods to eat while typing. In making this determination, three factors have to be considered:

* The propensity of the food to fall

* The likelihood of the food becoming attached to or inserted into the keyboard

* The degree of difficulty associated with the removal

With these factors in mind, here are my worst-food nominations:

* Plain whole grain rice. It falls easily and it’s likely to end up inside the keyboard, but removing it is relatively easy to accomplish if it is allowed to thoroughly dry before the attempt is made.

* Angel hair pasta. Although not likely to fall, angel hair pasta exhibits a distinct proclivity for trailing. If the trailing strand of pasta should happen to be coated with a sticky sauce, it is likely to adhere to the keys, or even descend between them. Removal from keys is not challenging unless the pasta disappears completely from sight — if that occurs, removal is almost impossible. If an end is protruding, grasp it firmly between forefinger and thumb and gently extract. This process may have the added benefit of picking up other small fragments which have fortuitously adhered to the sticky pasta.

* Sunflower seeds with shells. It is impossible to eat more than 12 sunflower seeds without losing at least one shell fragment somewhere under the space bar, although this does somewhat depend upon the seed-shucking method employed. Once in the keyboard, sunflower seeds are notoriously difficult to remove, as inverting the keyboard usually does little more than relocate the offending fragments from the base of the keyboard to the cavity inside a key.

* Rice Bubbles (with or without milk). Dry Rice Bubbles go everywhere. One slight puff of air and they are in your hair, on your desk, and infiltrating the nether regions of your keyboard. Removing them is relatively simple, however; type vigorously for a few minutes to reduce them to Rice Bubbles dust and then apply suction. Wet Rice Bubbles are more stable but more difficult to extract. Even when the sodden Bubbles have dried out, they tend to resist extraction by holding fast to your keyboard’s innards. Rice Bubbles treats are a safer alternative.

* Jelly. Jelly is inherently unstable and apt to become separated from its means of transportation. Once blobbed on a keyboard, jelly has a tendency to stick to the keys and slide between them, particularly if the maker of the jelly was a little overgenerous with the water. Removing jelly is a sticky, nasty business frequently resulting in keys that never quite rebound as they once did. Sugar-free jelly made with approximately two-thirds of the recommended water is more likely to bounce than stick.

* A Flake bar. To fully appreciate the flavour-enhancing effect of the unusual texture, this delicacy must be experienced at least 20 or 30 times a month. Eating a Flake over a keyboard is an extremely hazardous operation, usually detrimental to one’s enjoyment of the experience. It is a scientific fact that it is impossible to bite a Flake without causing a minor chocolate meteorite shower. Although the pieces of chocolate don’t interfere with typing or cause any unusual keyboard noises, Flakes still qualify as one of the worst keyboard foods because losing so much of this delicious chocolate is simply tragic. Flakes should be eaten only while lying on one’s back, over a paper towel to catch and recycle the crumbs, or in a large bowl of vanilla ice cream. If you must eat a Flake at your keyboard, which is quite understandable, try substituting its less volatile cousin, the Flake Luxury — a chocolate-covered Flake. Yep, chocolate-covered chocolate; life doesn’t get much better than this.

Keyboard cleaning tips

Canned air is your friend — brilliant for removing dry particles from the keyboard. Have a dog handy to eat the crumbs as they are blasted into space.

Alternatively, use a vacuum cleaner to achieve the same result, but make sure your keys are firmly attached. It’s just no fun digging through a bag of grot searching for the missing keys.

As strange as this may sound, some people advocate the use of the dishwasher for thorough keyboard cleaning. I haven’t tried it, but you can check out this link for detailed information on how to perform this intricate operation.

Grubby keys can be cleaned with screen wipes. Be sure to power off the computer first (pressing a key repeatedly as you clean could have some undesired results). Individual keys can be removed and scrubbed with hot, soapy water for a more thorough cleaning.

For dirty or dusty environments, it may be worth investing in keyboard covers, although these do tend to make typing a less pleasant experience.

Or you can buy a new keyboard…seriously, they are not that expensive. As a courtesy to new employees, I always wipe down their monitors and supply them with brand new shiny mice and keyboards. There is nothing more unpleasant than wondering precisely what that is poking out between the T and Y keys.

Copyright © 2005 CNET Networks, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

ZDNET is a registered service mark of CNET Networks, Inc. ZDNET Logo is a service mark of CNET NETWORKS, Inc.

I thank You, My Loyal Nerds!!! LOL

Now onward to the Cafe, where we shell eat and drink. and make plans to pillage and plunder......LOL

I thank You, My Loyal Nerds!!! LOL

Now onward to the Cafe, where we shell eat and drink. and make plans to pillage and plunder......LOL

Pillaging and plundering does indeed sound like thirsty work. Perhaps a beverage after we're finished? First round is on me :D