I have a sound blaster SC with the Creative Audigy 2 zs I/O front panel interface. I have a Samsung LCD monitor / tv. I have good sound coming from my Creative 5.1 while in pc mode, but only tv speakers when on tv. Was told to install optical cable. Have done so....no joy. Same as before. Cable from optical out on set to optical in on interface was all I did. Is there a program or controls I need to get sound from tv to play through Sound blaster card and to speakers?

I have a sound blaster SC with the Creative Audigy 2 zs I/O front panel interface. I have a Samsung LCD monitor / tv. I have good sound coming from my Creative 5.1 while in pc mode, but only tv speakers when on tv. Was told to install optical cable. Have done so....no joy. Same as before. Cable from optical out on set to optical in on interface was all I did. Is there a program or controls I need to get sound from tv to play through Sound blaster card and to speakers?

are you sure teh optical connection on the tv is an out or an in?

it sounds like the optical on the tv is an input, and not an output. that is why it is possibly not working.

if you have like a dvd player with an optical out on it try it and see if it works on the pc.

but i am betting that either the connection on the tv is an input only.

did you look at the settings for the audio card?

are you sure teh optical connection on the tv is an out or an in?

it sounds like the optical on the tv is an input, and not an output. that is why it is possibly not working.

if you have like a dvd player with an optical out on it try it and see if it works on the pc.

but i am betting that either the connection on the tv is an input only.

did you look at the settings for the audio card?

Let me check the input / output thing. I was told this by the Samsung tech. Secondly I believe I have all SC parameters correct. Audio plays flawlessly and checked out with Creative Diagnostics.

No I just checked the manual and it is digital audio out for "amplification".

Edited by lamuskrat
  • 2 weeks later...

Are you outputting to your TV from your PC and then trying to loop the video output from the TV back into the PC ? I do not think you can do this. I think the output from the TV is intended to go to a sound system , an audio receiver / amplifier not back to your PC sound card.

You are asking the sound card to do two things at once, decode the audio track and send it to the TV and simultaneously monitor the TV output and amplify it to speakers. Pretty sure you cannot do this.