I've been MIA friom BT recently. But I thought I should post this.

My S.O. came home from work two weeks ago with severe stomach cramps. She took the next two days off. (this is something she rarely does). I started getting nervous on day three. She didn't want to go to the doctor, but after talking to my MD friend and him telling me that she needs to be in the hospital NOW, I picked her up out of the chair, and pushed her out the door.

We got into her doctor's office just before closing time...... Long story short, 8 hours later she was undergoing major emergency surgery.

I wasn't sure that she would make it through the surgery, as it took over two and a half hours.

She came home yesterday. It's going to be a difficult recovery, but it WILL be a recovery.

This happened to a healthy woman with very little medical problems.

I'm still a fking nervous wreck but she is healing well.

Take some time to tell the people that are important to you that you love them. It can all end very quickly.

Joe

edit: I guess I should change my avatar?

Edited by irregularjoe

Best wishes to you and yours for a speedy recovery joe.

I long since realized that time spent together is far more important to me than material goods. Yes money is necessary to pay the taxes, pay the bills , replace the A/C when it fails etc; but a lot of stuff people dedicate their lives to accumulating really has no meaning if you cannot share it with the ones you love; and if you have no time to be together then the time spent accumulating wealth has little meaning.

Having been through it from both sides (My stay in the hospital when I got shot and the OLs stay when she had a heart attack and triple bypass) and having seen several friends die over the years (cancer, heart disease, being shot by a robber...) I have concluded that our time is all to short and could end at any moment so we must make the most of what we have.

Probably been said before but I would rather die property poor and surrounded by friends than with a bunch of money and stuff I can't take with me and no one to leave it to. And any friends who would reject you just because you do not make and spend as much as they do are not real friends to begin with.

Joe:

I send my prayers and well wishes to you and your partner for her recovery - It ius good to hear that she is home, and it sounds like she is well on her way to a recovery - I almost died myself when my appendix burst, but lucky for me, I had some friends that were able to get me the help I needed. :) During this time, I became aware of how many people have helped me over the years, and how short life can be - It just goes to show you that you never know what will happen, so you have to enjoy life every day, and live each day to the fullest, remember to tell your family/friends and significant others that you LOVE them EVERY Day, because you never know what will happen.

I am glad that your partner seems to be getting better ;)

Good Luck, and God Bless ;)

Brian

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was getting headaches that wouldn't go away, even with three excedrin migraine and three advil. I knew it was my Blood pressure which was a bit high since it always happened when I was over 150/100. Finally went to the doctor and it was 153/105 and he agreed that it was high and put me on 20Mg Lisionpril which has stabilized it at about 120/80 +/- 5 . Sure has been nice not to have one of those headaches for a couple weeks now. Should have dealt with it sooner.

The new dog is forcing me to take her for a 3 mile run every morning, and I have lost 15 lbs in a couple months; not that I was really overweight. 5'9 and 170Lbs is not bad for my age (especially if I can run three miles with a husky , german shepherd, and rhodesian ridgeback in tow). I think I could fit in my old fatigues if the fabric has not rotted after all these years. I think I still have my old combat boots in the back of the closet too.

The older we get the shorter and more fragile life seems. Live it and enjoy it while you can.

Ah, well hope all is well with you Joe. I think I deserve a chateau briand (filet mignon) sandwich , carmelized onions and green chiles , no cheese. (Bought a couple beef tenderloins when a local market had them on special for $2.99 a pound. The next week they had Boneless NY Strip loins for $2.59 a pound and after that boneless Ribeye for $2.99 a pound. I have a freezer full of beef. )

hi joe

sorry for being behind the

the news

but i hope your wife recovers

gee you never know when it is your turn

havent bin in for some time so ime catching up

god bless you and family

and take care

marty