Get Windows 7 Professional for $29 -- If You're a Student

<h1></h1>

Get Windows 7 Professional for $29 -- If You're a Student

Rick Broida, PC World

It's that whole back-to-school season, which means parents are probably wondering if they have to buy their college-bound kids a brand new PC or they can wring another year out of the old one.

Consider keeping the old one, but applying a fresh coat of OS paint. I'm speaking, of course, of Windows 7, which can make a Windows XP system feel like new and a Vista machine feel like less of a sluggish old dog.

Not enthused about spending $119.99 for a Windows 7 upgrade? I hear you. Well, how does $29.99 sound? That's the amazingly reasonable price available to students. And further defying all logic and reason, that 30 bucks buys you Windows 7 Professional, not the Home Edition.

Now for the fine print. (Don't worry, it's nothing terrible.) To qualify for this deal, you need an eligible e-mail address--namely, one that ends in .edu. Hover over the Am I Eligible? link to find out more.

More details here: http://www.pcworld.com/article/201709/get_windows_7_professional_for_29_if_youre_a_student.html