Windows 7: HP printer not working

Sorry if this has been asked before, but search turned up no results specific to my problem. I have a desktop computer running Windows 7. Just got a new HP All-In-One Printer from Newegg through spam link removed -TT75- discount deal, but printer is not working with my computer. I installed the updates driver, but had no success. Even Windows 7 does not show this printer in the driver list. Can anyone help me out? BTW this printer is working pretty well with Windows XP.

Thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry if this has been asked before, but search turned up no results specific to my problem. I have a desktop computer running Windows 7. Just got a new HP All-In-One Printer from Newegg through spam link removed -TT75- discount deal, but printer is not working with my computer. I installed the updates driver, but had no success. Even Windows 7 does not show this printer in the driver list. Can anyone help me out? BTW this printer is working pretty well with Windows XP.

Thanks in advance.

Hello There:

I had an HP all in 1 myself and as you stated, it worked well with Windows XP. The problem that I ran into is that when you upgrade to windows 7, the functionality of the printer is limited (for Example, HP Director will not work with 7 at ALL, and there is an updated software for this function) Unfortunately, I had to REPLACE this all in one with an HP Deskjet J4500 series printer, which had all functionality that I wanted. The PSC2400 all in one would only do certain things, and NOT others, and it was almost impossible to get windows 7 drivers for, and the work-arounds were a pain, so I just spent ~ $88.00 to upgrade the printer to the Deskjet J4500 series, which I got at Wal-Mart.

You also may want to know that most times, there are updates to drivers for your printer, so once you get it home, unbox it, prepare it for use and connect it, that you should search HP support for updated drivers for your printer, because who knows how long that CD/DVD disc has been sitting in the box, and their drivers may have changed for the printer. It is always a good idea to check for updated drivers and programs for the printer, because the new version may have fixes you may need. As TT said howver, it would be hard to assist you without knowing what the Model of the Printer you are trying to work with.

Hope this info helps :)

Brian