Hello everyone! Has anyone seen this before, as I never thought a Yahoo account could be used to log in Google. It really annoying when going to your Gmail account and you always have to log out of Yahoo account then log in using your Gmail user and password. Pic Below show you what I mean.

Thanks

Bryan

Capture-1.png

Capture1.png

Here's how someone who had malicious intent could set you up with a Gmail account and then later hack into your new mailbox and contact list:

First, they need a secondary account that isn't a Gmail address. A Yahoo or Hotmail address would work fine. Now, when they generate an invitation for you, they type in your first and last name, but their email address. The invitation is sent to them and they forward it along to you, cut and paste it into a friendly response to your request ("Try this link for an account:") or even just redirect the message so it appears to have come directly from Gmail. But what's different now is that the secondary email address is theirs, not your non-Gmail account:

Gmail Secondary Mail

You sign up, fill in the fields indicated on the Gmail signup form, leave that without thinking because "heck, it's probably just a referral" or similar, and then use your Gmail account without thinking about it again. Some time later, when the hacker figures you've used the account enough that you'll have a good address book, lots of mail in your archive, etc. they go to the Gmail signup page and click on "I forgot my password":

Gmail: Forgot Password

They select to have a new password generated and sent to the secondary mail address - which is their email address, not yours - and you're now locked out of your account while they can pretend to be you as much as they'd like. It's a bit convoluted, but if you are signing up for a Gmail account, make double sure that where it says "Secondary mail" that you have your own address, not someone else's address.

Note that you can also change this once you're logged in to your Gmail account by going to your Google Account Information and clicking on Security Question and Contact Info.

My guess is that you set one up to automatically download from the other rather than setting it up to automatically forward to the other.

If you set something like this up, you may want to try disabling it and see if that solves your problem .

If so you can work from there. Either set things up in the other account or set things up to forward instead of to download.

Any e-mail address can be the username of a Google account. I see this all the time when someone sets up a YouTube account as they now require a linked Google account. If you provided a Yahoo address for YouTube, you also probably set up a linked Google account using that address as the username.

Google currently doesn't allow you to be signed into two different accounts at the same time, hence the need to sign out of one to access the other (they say they're working on changing this limitation).